Ringwood angling club carp waters

mrcarp

Hey people, can anyone tell me any info on any of the Ringwood carp waters? Northfield and hightown in particular? I have tried a search and it came up with so many different threads, but not really the info i was hoping for!

Any info would be much appreciated! :D

hi mate- im a member of ringwood. currently targetting hightown quite heavily and have had a bit of success recently!

northfield doesnt really appeal to me but the only i really know about it is to get some shellfish baits (known as scummers) either shellfish b5 or nash baits shellfish sense appeal. the fish absoulutely devour it on there :wink: !

as for hightown- big baits and location really- they are in there just get the bait in the right place!

Nice one cal!

Its been a toss up between Ringwood and Christchurch really but after looking in to what waters are available, ringwood seems to offer better venues. I have seen on the website that the fish like these scummers or shelfish! I already have a very very good bait on the go which should get there taste buds tingling! :wink:

You say big baits for hightown? Is this to avoid bream? Or was it ment in another context. One more question if you dont mind! Are the fish quite active through the colder months? Thanks for you time its much appreciated! :)

good choice going for ringwood- i think a much better run club and much better waters!

if you already have a good bait i would try it on one rod to start with as you may be suprised at how quickly they can move in on scummers! but i have managed to crack hightown using my homemade baits so they are always worth a shot!

as for big baits at hightown- it is too avoid the many millions of bream and now tench :evil: that inhabit the lake- if you do go there make sure that you have no pellet or particle that you may be tempted to use- DONT DO IT!!!!

in the winter the lakes can shut down a bit as they will go very quiet during the winter months but in the main lake there is a sufficient stock in there that you will get the occasional run!

good luck mate