bolt rigs

boiliebillybob

anyone know any alternative rigs other than the good old bolt rig and what rigs perform best in the colder months the bolt rig is the only rig im confident in fishing with the fishes saftey in mind and in conjunction with what bait any info on these issues would be great as i have only got into the carp scene this year and this will be my first winter i normally put my tackle away around this time of year and get the pike tackle out or the beach casting gear :D

As per my post on NW: :wink:

Any rig is a bolt rig

A bolt rig is so named as it forces the fish to "bolt" or panic and give you a run. A semi-fixed, or running rig can be classified as a bolt rig.

Try fishing a running rig with a slack line, it is probably the safest lead set-up going. A lead attached to a run ring that can run up and down the line, stopped from running down the hooklink by a standard swivel or ring. As the fish takes, there is no pressure, and you get pretty instant indication. Easy to set up, and no tubing is needed.

If you get snapped off, the lead and run ring fall away from the line at the break point, and so the fish is only trailing a rig (which can be ejected), and possibly a short length of line.

I can add on here this little piece that may also assist:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=37603.

Its a link to various Lead set-ups with some pics.

Also go to the search facility at the top of the page, and type in Running leads vs Semi-fixed as your search criteria, and there is another thread in Advanced Carp Fishing section that may offer some more help

As per my post on NW: :wink:

Any rig is a bolt rig

A bolt rig is so named as it forces the fish to "bolt" or panic and give you a run. A semi-fixed, or running rig can be classified as a bolt rig.

Try fishing a running rig with a slack line, it is probably the safest lead set-up going. A lead attached to a run ring that can run up and down the line, stopped from running down the hooklink by a standard swivel or ring. As the fish takes, there is no pressure, and you get pretty instant indication. Easy to set up, and no tubing is needed.

If you get snapped off, the lead and run ring fall away from the line at the break point, and so the fish is only trailing a rig (which can be ejected), and possibly a short length of line.

I can add on here this little piece that may also assist:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=37603.

Its a link to various Lead set-ups with some pics.

Also go to the search facility at the top of the page, and type in Running leads vs Semi-fixed as your search criteria, and there is another thread in Advanced Carp Fishing section that may offer some more help

thank you very much i had a good look at the set up pic and thats sorted the confusion part out :D thanks again theses site are so helpfull im so glad i joined them now :D