Nottingham Waters

• 5 weeks later...

i dont no really mate i only fish one water and its private but theres one called bulcote its got afew lakes on with some decent fish in its on old main road in bulcote.theres also one called a1 which has 6 lakes on which is just off the a1 motorway but some off the lakes are quite hard and lake 4 i think is full of bream

• 2 weeks later...

Alright mate, I have just moved from Nottingham in Jan, there are a few decent waters around there, the fish arnt massive and finding a thirty is tricky(i didnt find any anyway). Colwick park west lake is a good twenties water with a couple of thirties thrown in, not my kind of place though, i will let you make your own mind up about it. The trent has quite a few carp in it, you have to find em, this i found quite tricky as i dont like to fish the more popular places, each to their own i say though. My favourite place though is the finger ponds at holme pierpont, bit tricky to find and you now need a key to get to the lake but, its really quiet, vaery vaery carpy to look at, every swim has features, too many in fact, took me ages to get a fish from their but when i did they just kept coming, not big, i think the bigger ones in there grew legs and found themselves in other lakes, this seems to happen quite alot around there un fortunately. I think its a notts anglers water and a ticket doesnt cost much, i love the place, give it a go. Hope that helps mate, if you want any tips on the place pm me and i will see what i can do.

• 2 years later...

:D both ponds have mirrors ,ghost , up 20lb

its free fishing must have rod licence

and for all tench fans theres loads of them its all season two hope this helps

my personal best on there 18lb 3oz mirror on tutti fruitty boilers squared off with simple few spods of hemp sweetcorn and curry powder

MY PERSONAL BEST in other countrys is 42lb common in les quis 6x6 challenge competion france amazin waters 1hour from paris wicked

remmber all ways take your rubbish with you never leave on bank ANGLERS DONT LEAVE RUBBISH IDIOTS DO!!! KEEP ARE PONDS LAKES CLEAN!!!!!!!! fishing is a past time CARP FISHINGS IN THE BLOOD STREAM!!!!