Carp fishing in OLDHAM/ ROCHDALE/ SADDLEWORTH area

shanners

Hiya guys,

I'm moving to Oldham and from what I've seen, there is poor fishing to be had... Lots of scallies spitting into the canal etc, and shopping trolleys used as keepnets!?

Does anyone know of any good quality carp lakes, pools etc anywhere in this area (basically North east of GManchester). If you can think of any, please let me know and I'll investigate further myself. Just a name and a hint would help.

Anywhere around OLDHAM/ ROCHDALE/ HALIFAX etc

Best regards,

Shanners.

• 1 month later...

Theres a few waters around Manchester of worth. Not many in Oldham/Rochdale though.

Theres Sale Water Park, Chorlton, Stockport Fed waters Poynton Pool and Compstall, Clifton. Ogden Res in Newhey has carp in it, Hollingworth Lake if you really fancy a challenge. Debdale Res has some allegedly huge carp in it. Even the Ashton canal has carp in it, location is the issue there. The Goyt in Stockport has barbel and chub to a decent size so theres more than just carp fishing to be had locally.

Some of the locations mentioned above have some 'issues' with the locals so you'd need to go have a look round see what you think.