hordle lakes - new milton bobs lake

selby1

I started off fishing Bob's Lake at Hordle until I realised how full of so-called "Noddy's" it is. People just constantly cross your lines and it's always packed with imbeciles.

The lake is absolutely rammed with fish, you'd catch on pretty much anything. Floating crust worked when they're on the surface and halibut pellets worked well when ledgering in my experience. I only went there two or three times though.

me and a couple of mates decided to have a walk round there one summers evening combining it with a few stops at the local forest pubs, when we got there i couldnt believe what i saw, tents everywhere, radios on full blast, people shouting across the lake at each other, the lake must be rammed full of fish as people were still catching but they were only around the 5lb mark.

i would definatly give it a miss when its busy maybe do a day session in the depths of winter when all the planks are at home watching the football in front of the fire.

I started off fishing Bob's Lake at Hordle until I realised how full of so-called "Noddy's" it is. People just constantly cross your lines and it's always packed with imbeciles.

The lake is absolutely rammed with fish, you'd catch on pretty much anything. Floating crust worked when they're on the surface and halibut pellets worked well when ledgering in my experience. I only went there two or three times though.

are there any other good venues in the same sort of area ?

are there any other good venues in the same sort of area ?

Fished it with a friend yesterday and had 120 pound of fish between us most low doubles.

all apart from 2 caught on the bottom using marine halibut boilies and pellets, really good fishing.