Dandys ford

hi i havent fished there yet but it does look good 2 lakes and a canal

ten pound a day and you need a carp mat for the first lake there is a rumour that a chap called it a slow day after catching 13 fish in a day

it has tea rooms and nice toilets on site.let me know how you get on

Hi, yes I fished it for the first time last Thursday 13th August 2009. Really nice place, friendly people, nice to be able to have a cup of tea and bacon sandwich freshly made as your fishing!

However, bar a few token roach I didnt so much as get a line bite!!

I was using just straight luncheon meat, and then a swap to some white chocolate boilies, but neither produced a thing! Gutted cause I really wanted it to be brilliant, no one around me was getting anything of note either but that just the way it goes some days.

Seemed to be dominated by guys with poles, I fished the lake nearest the lodge, and the 1st swim that you get too.

If anyone has had any decent fish I'd love to know what to use to get them!!

I will definately return though cause it was a lovely set up there.

Steve

• 7 months later...

Hi Just to say i fished Dandy's Ford Last year a few times with my 8 year old son.We both had a good sessions.My son caught a 12lb carp and i had a 14lb.It is a very nice place to go very friendly and plenty of new fish to catch.I would suggest you fish with good old luncheon meat and hard in to the bank.Its not a big big Carp place but its brilliant to take your son there and now he will catch.I would also recommend Greatridge as a similar venue.There is a fishing school down there run by Graham and his team.Brilliant guys and great for learning about fishing.