floater rig

loopyandandy

i hastily tied a floater rig together when the carp started slurping at the surface last sunday, and i managed to take a couple of nice fish.

I wasnt 100% happy with my rig and fancy your advice on the next one i tie.

i had 12lb mainline with controller on tied to no4 swivel. tied to that i had my 3ft hooklength of 15lb fluoro with size ten hook and hair.

problem i had was that swivel sank and pulled bait close to the float. do i just go straight through to hook with mainline or just tie a loop to loop? how do i stop float sliding to hook? ledger stop or will that sink?

Try using the fox inline bubble float,as the swivel from your hooklink will push into a tail rubber type thing,it`s set up pretty much the same as an inline lead rig.

The plus point being that you can add some water to the float if you want as an extra casting weight,and in the water it looks just like a bubble,so more natural.

yes i use the surface rig i posted there with confidence.

i also tried freelining with a 5ft knotless hooklength tied to the mainline via a water knot as nick (salockinnodrog) had said in that thread.

i found myslef a nice quite bay and managed 5 fish to 14lbs freelining, including a scale perfect 11lb common as shown in the self take photography thread.

As for the other rig i use for controller fishing i find it effective as it acts as a bolt rig, and the size 8 swivel stays in place near to the float which should be a tight fit, and if i get snappped the float will eject easily.

sorry for blabbering on:rolleyes:

tight lines

courtz

Doesn't look like a blabber to me Mate,

I like using the Water Knot as the Link, if I fish a slightly snaggy area I can attach floating putty over the Join knot. If a fish goes through the snag then the putty will pull of without snagging.

Doesn't look like a blabber to me Mate,

just thought i was going over what i'd already said in the other linked post.

suppose it's neglible compared to some of your posts:) :P:)

have tried floating putty befor but they try to eat it too:D :o

tight lines

courtz

just thought i was going over what i'd already said in the other linked post.

suppose it's neglible compared to some of your posts:) :P:)

have tried floating putty befor but they try to eat it too:D :o

tight lines

courtz

I have actually put a brown piece of Floating Putty on the Hook, and caught!

Negligible compared to my posts?

Thats what comes of spending too much time on the PC and not enough working or fishing!:confused:

Guest Anonymous

Most carp are stupid I think attaching a hook to the controller (only joking) would catch more fish looking at the amount that I get trying to eat controllers.

Most carp are stupid I think attaching a hook to the controller (only joking) would catch more fish looking at the amount that I get trying to eat controllers.

sooo true, lol

my brother uses yellow bubble floats and they go mad for them