fox pool france

andygreat

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went last year first full week of April.

Fishing was tough due the changable weather.

Facilities great - good food, toilets and shower.

We fished small bags of pellets with snowman rigs, we all caught.

We found pink to be the best pop up colour for the snowmans.

Pegs 2 and 3 were the best.

The best advice I can give you is to fish on the spots and with the methods advised by Dennis he's a top bloke and great carper.

Let me know how you get on - and remind me to Denis - tell him I'm the bloke who caught the lake record cage - hell know what you mean!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi tugs.

Fishing was by all accounts quite slow. Took me a whole 3 hours to land my first fish a 42lb mirror and another hour to land a 22lb cat lol.

The favourite swim was No. 3 but that was hard going the guy Rob who organised the trip pulled that one and he only had about 4 or 5 out all week.

I ended up with about 12 or 13 carp including another at 41lb 8oz and 3 more cats. Jamie who was in swim 1 had about 8 out and Bob had 2 fish.

One thing the fish were in perfect condition mouths looked like they hadn't ever been caught before and a few still had the curtain intact.

Dennis has moved onto another lake and a guy called Tony is the bailiff likeable chap knows his onions. Tackle could have been better is all supplied on this lake which is about the size of a football pitch with a small island in the middle. Thanks to the lazy little gob[censored]e who didnt bother clearing out the ashtray and sweeping the bivvy. Lovely start cleaning up someone elses carp. Food same old same old every day fried breakfast and if you want a roll at lunch time you got to pay for it. Evening meal infact all meals on the small side so you ain't going home fat unless you drink a lot of beer which can be supplied also.

Value for money. On the whole I think so but there is so much more that could be done, the shower was a bit of a disgrace your mother wouldn't approve so think twice about taking your bird along.

One thing that [censored]ed my mates off is that apparently they just started banning shelf life boilies and they all had quite a lot to use, I on the other hand didnt so just bought the bait onsite.

Regards Clive