belvoir castle grantham

Ok, its a bit pedantic i know but Belvoir Castle is not in Grantham, its in Woolsthorpe :wink:

Righto the details. AJS Fisheries run it, the night syndicate which allows you to fish 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if you wish costs £200. There are 2 lakes on this ticket, the Upper and Lower and they are both around 12 acres in size.

Dont expect massive fish, the biggest ive had from both the Upper and the Lower lake where just over 19lbs but i do know that low to mid twenties in both have been caught. IMO i think this is a definate gem of a venue for the future cos give it 5 years when the fish should have grown on a bit more then it could throw up some thirties. The only problem is that the main stay of the fish are Simmo strain. But one thing that i will say is that the venue is an amazingly gorgeous place to fish. The lakes are in a valley with Belvoir Castle looking over you and the lakes and the grounds where built by Capability Brown no less. There is only 3 or 4 street lights from the village that you can see, there are no main roads near you and the only sound you can hear is total silence apart from the waterfall behind the dam wall on the Lower lake.

Being as its an estate lake, its predominantly silty bottomed and shallow. The deepest areas ive found where around 6 foot in depth.

I would definately recommend it mate!

cheers for the info mate

on belvoir castle web it says there is 3 lakes and the season ticket is £60 for adults and £45 for kids and that there is fish upto 30lb.

looks like a gorgeous place tho,this is all abit new to me as you can see not been a member long.

do you fish around the midlands im from leicester

There is 3 lakes, but the 3rd is more of a match type of venue. The season ticket you are on about only allows you to fish days only from dawn till dusk. Night fishing is exclusively for the syndicate members and like i said, that ticket costs £200.

And yes, Belvoir Castle is a beautiful place to angle.

I am also from Leicester and i have a few club waters around Leicester which i wet a line in occasionally but the mainstay of my fishing is in Northamptonshire :D

• 4 months later...