Thorpe lea fishery

i had an amazing day there! https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=40177&highlight=smartcarping

it can get very busy there, escpecially at the weekends, so try and get there in the week :wink: ! if it is busy- get onto a pag with a cast to the middle and whack it as far as you can as they retreat out there :wink: !

they also like a bit of spod with a little bag of pellets and a bit of fake sweetcorn on the hook!

there are some badly damaged fish in there, but also some that have recovered well- i would say every other fish had mouth damage! just make sure you have some klinik etc to treat it!

Cheers mate, have not been fishing in ages so wanted to make sure i would catch and not blank :lol: , fake corn is one of my favourite baits when fishing for carp and i do alot of spodding so sounds like i could be in for a treat :D

Ill make sure ill take something to treat them with, where can i pick a treatment up from?

any decent tackle shop really!!! if you ask them they should have them, if not all the carpy shops on the internet do them!

also make sure that you have small, barbed hooks as these cause less damage to the fish (they are also the rules :wink: ), and just chuck it as far as you can towards the middle!

tight lines :D !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fished there last Tuesday, very slow i think due to the fish spawning. I caught two fish up to 18lb. A man had been fishing for 4 days and had 2 fish. I would say avoid it for a while just to make sure the fish have finished spawning. I'm considering trying it again as it offers easy chances of catching fish and fish into high 20's, low 30's. This obviously is very appealing, but the condition of the fish is very poor :(. If i was you and want an easy day catching fish then give it a go and decide for yourself if you want to go back...