Meadowlands Fishery

Used to fish there as a kid. I just used to wait till the match anglers left, as they normally chuck their bait in the edge, and just fish over the top of it. Caught loads doing it.

Might have changed now though, haven't been there in about 5-6 years.

if its a hot day go on the small pool and go round to the back were there is a little u-shaped area that stretches out there. and sit on the grass bank casting bread or floaters to under the trees on the other side and you'll be in for a busy fun day. some pretty decent fish in there we've had a 14 out on bread ther last summer. also some nice tench on the bottom in that area too if you get some bottom baits in. :)

• 1 year later...

Luncheon meat is a winner there. You don't have to fish at range either. 20 - 30 yards is sufficient. If you want to go with boilies, try spicy sausage fished a bit further out (I'm normally 60 or so yards), on the method feeder with groundbait containing corn, sausage, luncheon meat and hemp. Other boilies are ok as long as they are quite light in colour (pineapple, banana, white choc) no dark boilies! Boilies further out produce bigger average weight, but pellet waggler as described below will catch more.

Pellet waggler with little and often loose bait is another good one, again 30 yards, fished at about 4 - 5 foot depth. Seen a friend of mine pull out some decent carp to about 10lb, but know he has had them up to about 18lb on this method.

Also, keep chucking groundbait into the margins throughout the day, then put your rig over it with about an hour to go....