colony lakes

Anyone been a member of colony lakes in hadliegh essex.? Any info on venue appreciated,i know its owned by essex liesure fisheries, but want info from anglers not owners.Reservior is main lake i want some background on,cheers chaps :)

Hello again mate!

One of the guys who used to be on my syndicate, and who incidentally is responsible for alot of the rules on the lakes :roll: , had a very successful spell on the res. I'm not sure whether he still fishes there, but knowing his mindset I can probably take an educated guess on his approach.

He would have fished lunchtime til dusk, would have had a mobile approach, light leads and flick short to fish, spend hours looking for signs of fish, fishing for one fish at a time, i.e. little bit of bait sometimes with one rod only but most certainly no more than two.

Don't know whether this suits your style of fishing but he is a very very good angler and was out-performing everyone else with the static bait up and wait approach.

Be well interested to hear how things go, keep me informed!

Cheers, Cowley :D

Oh yeah, I seem to remember that although it's deep in the middle, there's a marginal shelf, maybe even a double shelf before it slopes away? Target them, nice tight presentation and loose line. Sit well back and don't even have the rod tips over the water at all.

You'll be able to watch the airshow if you fish this weekend! 8)

Hi fella, fished it las wed/thurs 36 hrs, had 13lb koi, 20lb 4oz fully scaled and lost another. Thanks for info, just rounding up as much info as poss to get best from membership. :wink:

Top dangling 8)