birchmere and southmere

Fished there when i lived there, plenty of lumps in Southmere not seen many in Birchmere but have heard they is some good ones in there...

Thamesmere has got some big lumps too... But as you said can be dodgy fishing.

There is lots of information on the Cemex Angling Forum, just type in Thamesmead in the search part.

• 7 months later...

southmere is now closed and only members can fish there and thay dont like new faces :( brichmere is ok the carp run to about 38pound that ive seen but there few and far between but if your in the right swim you can have a good day see 3 30's out in a day all from one swim with the rest of the lake being dead but its always worth a go if you have the time to get to know thw lake took me a year and ive still only had two carp :)

• 2 weeks later...

no its for real checked with the council and thamesmead fishing club two fellas got the rights and there is about 70 members with tickets and thay aint taking no more and i live about 10 mile from there tryed fishing a few times with the same results always asked to leave not a ticket holder last time there was five people and me all had to go