Couple of rig questions

aaron118

First off I have bought some Suffix stealth skin coated braid. Do I have to strip back enough so that all the hook knot and hair are all uncoated. Becasue in the little diagram that came with it, it just shows to strip off about an inch from the hooks eye (going upwards towards the swivel) and have all the hair and hook knot left coated. Just want to make sure.

Also I would like to use a line aligner. To do this do I have to just pearce a small hole in the shrink tube, then put it over the hook with the line coming out of the hook eye and through this hole in the tube, is that correct?

I have also got some of the fox kwik change swivels. So I can change hooklinks quickly. Instead of tying a swivel on the end I am supposed to tie a loop, is this still a secure method?

Thanks

You can strip as much or as little of the coating as you want.

Try a look at this thread:

https://forum.carp.com/forum/t17011/s.html

couple of rig pics on here, the second is a coated braid, but as you can see I have taken none of the coating off the hooklink.

I don't like a loop to a quick Change link, I worry about security and have actually had a couple of rigs slip off quick change links. On one of the leadcore threads, if you have a search, is a pic of my quick change rig method.

it's a good method from mick for canging swivels. But if you dont use leadcore then a loop should work with coated brai, as it is pretty tough, i place a pen through the loop first and then steam it down whilst pulling it tight.

for the hoook aligner you cut off a small length of silicon tubing, and place it on the har and hook shank between the bait and knotless knot.

When i use coated braid i simply strip off the last 8cm, then tie my loop in the uncoated section, before tying my knotless knot. i leave about 1 inch between the hook eye, and the coated section i haven't stripped. This provide the necessary hinge, which improves hooking properties. but use it with the coating removed on the knotless knot.

if you don't understand anything else then feel free to ask.

tight lines

courtz