taswood lakes norwich

hi all,

has anybody fished taswood lakes i have phoned taswood and he has recomened the grove lake????? i am taking my nephew with me (he is only 13) and he wants to do a night plus get a bend in his rod,i have looked on the web and cant find anything about the groove lake not even on the taswood web site , any info would be great cheers all tight lines

I know that there are a couple of threads about Taswood on the forum, but nothing about the Grove Lake in particular.

I believe Taswood you are looking at £26 for 24 hours per person, so it may work out a bit expensive. To be honest I can think of a few better waters around, less expensive than that and in that area, between Diss and Norwich.

Also from what I can make out Grove lake, was last I heard anything about it very weedy.

You may be better of having a look at Taverham Mills, Waveney Valley or Weybread fisheries where you are more likely to get a better bend in the rod, although Weybread is not Night Fishable from memory.

I think all of them there are threads on the forum if you go to the search facility

• 4 weeks later...

Ive fished the grove lake a few times and once throughout the night. i would reccomend it for a young lad. you will get some corking runs that scream the bite alarm but will turn out to be a 5lb mirror. not bad but not really what i was there for. You'll do well to get a 10lb+ but ur guarenteed a couple of rod benders between 4-8lb. a quick tip, hair-rigging strawberry sweetcorn or strawberry boilies does well. Hope this helps!! :D

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

evening all,

thinking bout heading back to taswood this weekend - any idea how its fishing at the moment? thinking bout the grove for a 24 hour session this weekend.

i heard they put a load more fish in there this year - any ideas on size.

great looking complex, but have found it hard in the past on other lakes there.