Hair Position

blanked_again

to tie the rig do everything you normally would on a knotless rig, instead of tying a standard knotless knot whip around the shank 5 times and then hold the hair at a 90 degree angle from the shank of the hook, continue to whip around a further 5 times and pass through the eye of the hook, very simple realy.

I'm sure I've seen some rigs where the hair comes off the middle of the shank on a knotless knot instead of the bottom - can anyone help as to whether I'm correct, when it may be used and how to tie.

Thanks

Its simply a different presentation of your hookbait. I've used it when Floater fishing with a very short hair, keeping the Biscuit close to the hook. Found it can work better than a normal hair for floater fishing.

It also works well with a pop-up, when you want to keep the hook hidden, but very close to the bottom. Try it with the shot on the hook rig that Frank Warwick likes, or with a pop-up that only just lifts the hook.

I'm sure I've seen some rigs where the hair comes off the middle of the shank on a knotless knot instead of the bottom - can anyone help as to whether I'm correct, when it may be used and how to tie.

Thanks

it is good to use when using a flourocarbon hooklink it presents the bait at a better angle and when the bait is picked up the hook should be at a more agressive angle and has more chance of catching the fishes mouth.

very good for floater fishing ( not the flourocarbon)

it is good to use when using a flourocarbon hooklink it presents the bait at a better angle and when the bait is picked up the hook should be at a more agressive angle and has more chance of catching the fishes mouth.

very good for floater fishing ( not the flourocarbon)

Why do I think that we went to the same school of Fishing knowledge? lol.

Many of your thoughts seem to be along the same lines as mine.:D:wink::D

Why do I think that we went to the same school of Fishing knowledge? lol.

Many of your thoughts seem to be along the same lines as mine.:D:wink::D

you wont see me on a 167 acre water. come to think of it you probably wont see many people at all.

we dont agree on hooklegnth but then you cant be perfect lol :D :D :D :D :D :D

only joking

you have made my day because you know what you are talking about