Multi strand

andyc34

I'm thinking of trying Snake Skin in more ways this year, particuarly with more coating removed.

How well does it knot(knotless knot) with the coating removed?

Secondly,do you think I'd be better off using multi strand rigs later in the year, maybe once other more detectable types of hooklengths have been used a lot?

many thanks,

Andy C

I'm thinking of trying Snake Skin in more ways this year, particuarly with more coating removed.

How well does it knot(knotless knot) with the coating removed?

Secondly,do you think I'd be better off using multi strand rigs later in the year, maybe once other more detectable types of hooklengths have been used a lot?

many thanks,

Andy C

I don't think that it knotless knots well unless the hook you use has a totally closed eye. Even though you go opposite to the join, strands still get caught in the join. I mostly used to tie the hook on with a Uni knot and attach a separate hair, often of Dental floss

If I ever used it Knotless knotted I ended up stripping it down, but leaving the knotless knot coated, then stripping the hair, and also a section above the hook eye (use a pair of childrens plastic scissors or a sharp finger nail to break the coating).

If there is any weed or gunk on the bottom, then I wouldn't use it for bottom baits, as the gunk gets in between the strands. However it is a brilliant hooklink, but so flipping difficult at times.