does anyone fish Emborough Pond in somerset?

this is about all i know about this lake.

Emborough Pond (also known as Lechmere Water) is a 10-acre (40,000 m2) lake between the villages of Emborough and Ston Easton. It was originally a much smaller mill pond.[5] It was held by monks on a 51 year lease from 1525 who stocked it with bream, tench, perch and roach, as they were not allowed to eat meat but were allowed to eat fish. In 1533 locals came and took the fish then throwing down the dam. It is now used for Carp angling.

i have fished there for two seasons, i've been doing all right this year, had 4 out so far biggest being 21lb 3oz. The lake is very silty, if you are going up for a day session i recommend fishing one of the last two swims on the far side (the snag swims). Casting tight to the snags gives you the best chance of catching a fsh. My avatar picture is one of the fish i caught up there recently. I dont think fruity bottom baits go well up there, stick to fishy baits (squid and octopus etc..) Bright pop ups also go well. Zigs have been known to work. In the summer the carp come to the surface (ooooh :lol: ) but they are very hard to catch off the top as they spook easily.

other good places to fish are one of the car park swims, cast one out midwater and the other cast onto the dam quite far out. Walk round drop your rig in and chuck out lots of particle, pellets and hookbaits etc...

Good luck

Sam.

i have fished there for two seasons, i've been doing all right this year, had 4 out so far biggest being 21lb 3oz. The lake is very silty, if you are going up for a day session i recommend fishing one of the last two swims on the far side (the snag swims). Casting tight to the snags gives you the best chance of catching a fsh. My avatar picture is one of the fish i caught up there recently. I dont think fruity bottom baits go well up there, stick to fishy baits (squid and octopus etc..) Bright pop ups also go well. Zigs have been known to work. In the summer the carp come to the surface (ooooh :lol: ) but they are very hard to catch off the top as they spook easily.

other good places to fish are one of the car park swims, cast one out midwater and the other cast onto the dam quite far out. Walk round drop your rig in and chuck out lots of particle, pellets and hookbaits etc...

Good luck

Sam.

so how much is it to fish then sam?

cheers for the info :D

kris