Creedy Lakes, Crediton, Devon.

• 1 year later...

Fishing was tough, a lot of angling pressure and was very busy at the weekends. Bait boats ruled and you needed one to get right close the the bushes where the carp were.

We managed a number of carp up to around 21lbs. All caught on maggots!! Tried beds of particles and boilies but nothing.

Surface baits were good on both lakes in the right conditions.

I'm not saying you have to have them, but when we were there the people that were using them were doing a bit better than us, that's all. Probably says more about our fishing skills than anything else! :oops:

We went mid April so it was still a bit chilly, but we did catch a few off the top while we were there.

I'm with you!! :wink:

It is absolutely lovely, we stayed too for 4 nights. Was tougher fishing than we expected, but that's the way it goes, and we caught plenty so were well happy. Accommodation and the owners were lovely too.

What time of year did you go? Wish we had gone in a warmer month, but hey ho.

I'm with you!! :wink:

It is absolutely lovely, we stayed too for 4 nights. Was tougher fishing than we expected, but that's the way it goes, and we caught plenty so were well happy. Accommodation and the owners were lovely too.

What time of year did you go? Wish we had gone in a warmer month, but hey ho.

I went around june time... I had i think it was about 18 fish with 3 of them being 20s. 26, 24 and 21.....

• 6 months later...