chod rid

rooster

been fishing the chod rig but experiencing fish coming off during the playing of. unhappy with the lead banging against carps mouth during fight, im sure its losing me the fish. anyone know the best way of preventing this.obviously loose lead on a clip one option, or even a weak link on lead another option.:(

I don't the Lead that's banging against the Carp's mouth that is losing you fish. What is happening imo is that the carp aren't taking the Bait back far enough into their mouth. You are only hooking the Carp at the extremities of their lips. Have a look at your bait mounting arrangement, lengthen the hooklength/hair to get the Carp to take the bait and hook further back into their mouth.

With the position of the Lead on a SILT/Sliding Helicopter rig there is no way that the Lead should bang against the Carp's mouth.

Alternatively change your Lead attachment to a Pendant style attachment. It sounds like you have seen a rig in fashion and don't know how to use it in its right context. IMO there are far better ways of presenting baits off the bottom.

im fishing a very weedy lake and only recently fishing chod/silt style. im fishing a 3-4" bristle filament hooklink with a d7 raptor hook tied with d ring with a pop up tied on. usual arrangement with two beads on leader with tournament swivel lead on end.

On a take the hooklink is pulled up to the lead because the hooklink is only 3" long. therefore lead is almost in line with the hook ( this is my reasoning for the lead banging against carps mouth).

Last weekend i had two takes on two different hooking arrangement

The first drig mounted

The second with shrink tubing off eye of hook (bent), but both with the same results. Was playing the fish for some time then they pulled free.

Right, the Helicopter style arrangements don't work particularly well in Weedy Waters, as the Lead is pulling across the Line and Fishes mouth.

Try this on your living room floor. Set up your Line as it currently stands and pick up the hook, how can the lead bang against the Carps mouth when the line is under tension.

You need to address the hook pulling free. That is your problem and it is normally a case of changing the length of Hooklink/hair.