korda iq HELP PLEASE

rhythm

Use your bait needle to pull it through any loops to form your knots a gated needle is best for this. I wouldn't use rig putty on it without putting a shot on it first or glue it on with super/rig glue.

when tightening your knotts down try steaming them as you do mate, as for rig putty, heavy metal can be a bit of a pain to get to stay unless you tie a little pole elastic on or wrap a little leadcore inner on then mould the putty around this, critical mass is alot better to work with on fluro as its actually sticky

hth

just bought this im quite inexperienced at rig tying but have no problem with stealth skin etc but the iq i have problems with the loops and knots any tips any tips also do you use rig putty on iq??

One thing you need to be aware of mate is that IQ is alot more delicate then stealth skin. Its very easy to damage whilst tying knots, when your tying swivels on use a palamar knot as this is a more suitable knot for this material, i dont have a pic myself but im sure there will be somone who does;)

i'll try that then when do i use this rig when the waters crystal clear or on any water.what are the advantages?

well its said that fluorocarbon's to be invisible to fish, its almost invisible to the human eye, even if it is invisible to fish it doesnt mean too much, if its going over a rock and sticking up 3'' above the lake bed then u probably aint gonna catch too much. i personally find no advantages of fluorocarbon over mono, and prefer mono hooklengths (green or clear), and prefer braid in almost any situation over fluorocarbon. if i was u id of stuck to the braid. iq is personally one of the worst fluorocarbon's in my opinion too, loadsa ppl love the stuff, but i honestly cant see whats so good about it when compared to mono. only thing i can see to like, is its stiffness in some situations for hooking ( which the iq doesnt have anyway ). u can get the same affect by using shrink tubing and braid anyway. so for me, fluorocarbon isnt the greatest invention ever.

i'll try that then when do i use this rig when the waters crystal clear or on any water.what are the advantages?

The advantages are mainly that flurocarbon is a non light reflective material so as far as i know it is not as visible as other hooklink materials such as braid and so on, becouse of its invisibility more and more people are using it as an actual line. Its a definate advantage when fishing those clearer waters. The only disadvantage for me is that it is a more delicate material, and more so when using the 12lb version. Hope this helps mate;) :wink:

well its said that fluorocarbon's to be invisible to fish, its almost invisible to the human eye, even if it is invisible to fish it doesnt mean too much, if its going over a rock and sticking up 3'' above the lake bed then u probably aint gonna catch too much. i personally find no advantages of fluorocarbon over mono, and prefer mono hooklengths (green or clear), and prefer braid in almost any situation over fluorocarbon. if i was u id of stuck to the braid. iq is personally one of the worst fluorocarbon's in my opinion too, loadsa ppl love the stuff, but i honestly cant see whats so good about it when compared to mono. only thing i can see to like, is its stiffness in some situations for hooking ( which the iq doesnt have anyway ). u can get the same affect by using shrink tubing and braid anyway. so for me, fluorocarbon isnt the greatest invention ever.

This game is very much about personal opinion, and we all like different things for different reasons so fair point mate. I willl say that of all of the different fluro hooklinks it is the best iv used but like i say its personal preference. The best thing i can say here is try it for yourself and if your catch rate improves then keep using it is it doesent then try something new:p I thjik that flurobarbon is a stiffer material than mono and becouse of this has better anti tangle properties, mono does not straiten like fludobarbon when heat is applied with steam;)

This game is very much about personal opinion, and we all like different things for different reasons so fair point mate. I willl say that of all of the different fluro hooklinks it is the best iv used but like i say its personal preference. The best thing i can say here is try it for yourself and if your catch rate improves then keep using it is it doesent then try something new:p I thjik that flurobarbon is a stiffer material than mono and becouse of this has better anti tangle properties, mono does not straiten like fludobarbon when heat is applied with steam;)

yeah personal preference, and when i brought iq, the 15lb stuff was breaking at about 8lb :D, thats the only reason i write of my findings, as i say it aint clear cut as it may have been a dodgy spool. ive used most of the fluorocarbons, braids, and monos, and best fluorocarbon is esp ghost, best hooklength braid the old favourite kryston merlin, and best mono berkeley big game, as u say all personal preference. mono dont have to straighten like fluorocarbon under steam as it will straighten easily between the fingers, and a little tension anyway. :P

yeah personal preference, and when i brought iq, the 15lb stuff was breaking at about 8lb :D, thats the only reason i write of my findings, as i say it aint clear cut as it may have been a dodgy spool. ive used most of the fluorocarbons, braids, and monos, and best fluorocarbon is esp ghost, best hooklength braid the old favourite kryston merlin, and best mono berkeley big game, as u say all personal preference. mono dont have to straighten like fluorocarbon under steam as it will straighten easily between the fingers, and a little tension anyway. :P

I love a good old debate:p I actually use the 25lb version of the IQ as a leader which is very good. It seems to keep everything very tidy on the bottom and for this i like it. The esp ghost is also good for different reasons, i use the ghost for my stiff rigs becouse the 12lb version is very stiff for its diameter compared with the 12lb version of IQ which is soft. Berkely big game has been the line i use for a while know and is excelelent, just started using the new trilene by berkley which seems to be very good so far, its much thinner than the big game at the same breaking strain which is good. Seems we agree on some things hay mate :P :p I think the spool you had of IQ must have been a bad one, unfortunatly this happens from time to time probebly due to the amount they produce:D

I love a good old debate:p I actually use the 25lb version of the IQ as a leader which is very good. It seems to keep everything very tidy on the bottom and for this i like it. The esp ghost is also good for different reasons, i use the ghost for my stiff rigs becouse the 12lb version is very stiff for its diameter compared with the 12lb version of IQ which is soft. Berkely big game has been the line i use for a while know and is excelelent, just started using the new trilene by berkley which seems to be very good so far, its much thinner than the big game at the same breaking strain which is good. Seems we agree on some things hay mate :P :p I think the spool you had of IQ must have been a bad one, unfortunatly this happens from time to time probebly due to the amount they produce:D

yes but thinner normally means less breaking strain in normal monos, i buy by diameter and not bs. :P :p

im on braided mainline, im only talking on the hooklength side of things.

A lot of lines have recently been regraded. There were/are many that were classed as 15lb line and were actually breaking at over 18lbs. Not bad until you consider diameter of them. A properly graded 15lb line should be about 0.35mm. Many of the above lines were 0.38/0.40 which is 18 or even20lb BS

As London Geeza says its down to diameter.

As for Korda IQ I have heard of so many unexplained breakages I won't use the stuff. I have tested it at home and could not get a consistent knot with it. Every knot broke at a different strain, many at half of the BS quoted.

When it comes to stiff links I still prefer Amnesia in clear, never had a problem with it, although I have been trying Carp-R-us Stiff link Fluorocarbon materials for a while.