LAA BURES LAKE SUFFOLK /ESSEX BORDERS

oldbazza

I know very little about Bures Lake other than what I know is on the LAA website:

http://www.londonanglers.net/WATERS/BURES%20LAKE.html

Just outside Bures this lake is well away from the road and completely fenced in. Known for its very big tench, this water also contains large carp along with roach, bream and also a good head of eels.

We have stocked this water recently with a considerable number of silver fish and a number sizable carp. (Feb. 2004) It is planned to introduce further batches of fish within the next few months.

Depth varies between 1 and 2 metres and it can get quite weedy.

Because of the secrecy around the lake it may be quite difficult to get information on Carp stocks from anyone other than someone fishing there.

It was featured in John Wilsons Guide to Fishing in Norfolk and Suffolk book, so more info may be available from the latest copy

thanks for the information i am in contact with the laa baliff but rearly want to get some insider information. I have been fishing sudbury clubs rushbrooke lake and hold the lake record at 30.02 not 32.02 as published on the dynamite baits webb site this fish is now unfortunatly dead hence the reason i am looking for other waters hopefully a bit more interesting than just a hole in the ground as is rushbrooke if you know of any waters syndicate or other please let me know.