maggits lake, crays hill

allo mate,

i used to fish there a few seasons ago, fished it quite regularly, there are loads of sturgeon in there and can be caught on a variety of baits including maggots and boilies! not sure if they come out in winter though? there were/are some big carp in there up to 20lb i think? biggest i had was a mirror of 19lb 8 oz, these fall to all sorts of baits, boilies (mailnline fusion, NRG, etc) although i was fishing once and saw a young lad absolutely bagging up on freelined luncheon meat. however... i heard a rumour that all the big carp got taken out, but the sturgeon were left in. im not sure how true this is? and not entirely sure where i heard it? maybe it was just a tale, but i havent fished it now for about 2 years.

heres a few i had out..

DSCF0048.jpg

DSCF0050.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

hope this helps, tight lines bud...

bill :D

allo again mate,

that one in the pic is the biggest ive had out of there at just under 14lb, but ive heard there were some over 18lb in there. with the sturgeon you really cant tell how big or what fish it is until you see it coming in ive had a lot of different takes!, some scream off and some dont fight at all and just come straight in! funny thing aswell is i had that exact same fish the next morning aswell! must have been loving my bait!

good luck mate, tight lines

• 2 weeks later...
allo again mate,

that one in the pic is the biggest ive had out of there at just under 14lb, but ive heard there were some over 18lb in there. with the sturgeon you really cant tell how big or what fish it is until you see it coming in ive had a lot of different takes!, some scream off and some dont fight at all and just come straight in! funny thing aswell is i had that exact same fish the next morning aswell! must have been loving my bait!

good luck mate, tight lines

The sturgeon and carp go big in their a 31lb sturgeon was pulled out in november its a [censored] lake m8 u can fish wid anything for dem sturgeon ive had them up to 18 average size sturgeon is like 15lb their pick up anything and are a pain in da ass if u wanna get through to the carp but they give a good scrap i find the best baits are luncheon meat cheese and peperami

check out my myspace picis there couple of sturgeon pics on there too 16lb www.myspace.com/cott33bo1

and it does fish well in winter i was other there 4 a night the other day (as i kno maggit) and had 4 and then went for a day and had some,

if u go for a night ure prob end up with the same fish i had this fish @ 2 o clock in da mornin couldnt be fuked so chucked it back literally(u have to too shock them otherwise they sit dead in the margins) and thn bout 1 next day as we were packin up my m8 caught it so i had a picture wid it den lol :D