daiwa infinity line

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

well i`ve managed to get 15lb out of the line which is ok with the knot strength and all. still think i need some new reels for the summer though if i`m fishing at distance.

15lb breaking strain at distance anyone?

Guest Anonymous

i`ve sent a complaint to them, its not even as strong as 12lb line i was useing and that is supposed to be 16lb. you`d think they would know when they sell sensor for less than half the price. just bought some berkly big game to try.

i`ve sent a complaint to them, its not even as strong as 12lb line i was useing and that is supposed to be 16lb. you`d think they would know when they sell sensor for less than half the price. just bought some berkly big game to try.

good line, I find it a little stretchy, but great abrasion resistance and strength

the reason infinity duo breaks easier than u expect, is because its an igfa rated mono, if u dont know what that means in simple terms it means it will break close to its stated breaking strain and not above the bs like other monos. the reason ppl get caught out is because they dont buy lines by diameter, breaking strain means nothing to me, diameter means everything. .33 is about right for general fishing, .35-.38 for snaggy waters. im on braid meself, 50lb whiplash pro. but have a lot of experience over the years, where mono's concerned. in my opinion, i didnt think infinity duo was great for snaggy waters, or even fishing over gravel. but in open water the 16lb infinity duo (.33) will be hard to beat. although my preference is for berkley big game (green), over anything else available. id stay away from the infinity if ur fishing over gravel or snaggy areas where u need to give it some, otherwise it wont stand up too well. but id have 100% confidence fishing it in open water. but if ur not satisfied then look no further than the berkley big game.

and if daiwa get back to you, they will say the same to you as ive said about IGFA ratings etc...

look at the diameter in lines, infinity duo 16lb .33mm, 12lb gr60 .35mm, 12lb sensor .33mm

says it all really.

so in short it aint gonna be as strong as ur old 12lb line or it will only break the same. most monos on the market break at well above the stated b.s. which is why ppl complain about the IGFA rated lines, thinking that it will be the same strength, and abrasion resistant only thinner, which is why i recommend buying lines by the diameter and not b.s.

in short .33mm will suit most fishing .35mm will suit snaggier conditions, .37+ will suit almost any fishing situation u find in english water.

Guest Anonymous

i was useing fox warrior which i thought was exellent and gave me a change from daiwa sensor.

I was told by a good source [a rep] that its the same line with different packaging;)

the reason infinity duo breaks easier than u expect, is because its an igfa rated mono, if u dont what that means in simple terms it means it will break close to its stated breaking strain and not above the bs like other monos. the reason ppl get caught out is because they dont buy lines by diameter, breaking strain means nothing to me, diameter means everything. .33 is about right for general fishing, .35-.38 for snaggy waters. im on braid meself, 50lb whiplash pro. but have a lot of experience over the years, where mono's concerned. in my opinion, i didnt think infinity duo was great for snaggy waters, or even fishing over gravel. but in open water the 16lb infinity duo (.33) will be hard to beat. although my preference is for berkley big game (green), over anything else available. id stay away from the infinity if ur fishing over gravel or snaggy areas where u need to give it some, otherwise it wont stand up too well. but id have 100% confidence fishing it in open water. but if ur not satisfied then look no further than the berkley big game.

I was about to add my bit to the original question, but everything you need is in this answer. London geezer said it all, good anwer mate :D :D :D

Guest Anonymous

i use braid right through now but going back to my mono days I found infinity to be my favourite, as london geeza says breaks close to what it says but a good line all the same, the worst I found was fox soft steel

I have used it and quite like it.

tree's i know why your mate line kept snapping mate. with that type of mono (and most really) you need to get it used before its any good. if you go lobbing leads about straight away it will snap, you need to gently increase lead weight and casting distance to get it used to casting etc, after a while you or your mate will have no problem with it. very good line if you take the time to get it working right. :wink: ;) Had my pb on duo, both carp and pike and have it on the stalking reel too. :wink:

I was told by a good source [a rep] that its the same line with different packaging;)

i know it happens but just wonder how many different mono's are produced in the same place as the same stuff, just different label, i hope someone has good knowledge of this, and can point ppl in different direction. as sometimes there paying £10 more for the same stuff, which is just a joke. its alright with the sensor and warrior as there both cheap, what worries me is how many ppl are getting ripped off by larger amounts of cash. i dont know any1 in the game who would be willing to let secrets out etc... hopefully someone on here has decent knowledge of this rip off. lets face it, it is a rip off when some ppl are buying new mono every 3 months maybe even more than that, for £18 when the same can be got for £10 of maybe less. lets work it out over a year and for arguments sake lets just say one mono is £18 and the other is £10 (Same stuff, different label), and again for arguments sake lets just say they change line after 3 months.

£18 x 4 £72 a year on mono. £10 x 4 £40 a year. £32 a year not too much to be honest, but some ppl change mono over a month or so ( i used to do it, main reason i went on to braid, actually saves me money in the long run ) and i dont think ppl wanna be spending top whack price when they can get exactly the same thing for £10 cheaper or so. i know some ppl who change mono every year, it dont matter to them, but its the ppl that are changing it 6-12 times a year etc.... i know the book says u get what u pay for, but where mono is involved it simply isnt true. i aint asking for opinions from ppl saying this felt the same as that, and this casts the same as that, this is the same colour as that etc... im looking for proper knowledge like adam has just given, any1 with any knowledge in the game?.

Guest Anonymous

i know it happens but just wonder how many different mono's are produced in the same place as the same stuff, just different label, i hope someone has good knowledge of this, and can point ppl in different direction. as sometimes there paying £10 more for the same stuff, which is just a joke. its alright with the sensor and warrior as there both cheap, what worries me is how many ppl are getting ripped off by larger amounts of cash. i dont know any1 in the game who would be willing to let secrets out etc... hopefully someone on here has decent knowledge of this rip off. lets face it, it is a rip off when some ppl are buying new mono every 3 months maybe even more than that, for £18 when the same can be got for £10 of maybe less. lets work it out over a year and for arguments sake lets just say one mono is £18 and the other is £10 (Same stuff, different label), and again for arguments sake lets just say they change line after 3 months.

£18 x 4 £72 a year on mono. £10 x 4 £40 a year. £32 a year not too much to be honest, but some ppl change mono over a month or so ( i used to do it, main reason i went on to braid, actually saves me money in the long run ) and i dont think ppl wanna be spending top whack price when they can get exactly the same thing for £10 cheaper or so. i know some ppl who change mono every year, it dont matter to them, but its the ppl that are changing it 6-12 times a year etc.... i know the book says u get what u pay for, but where mono is involved it simply isnt true. i aint asking for opinions from ppl saying this felt the same as that, and this casts the same as that, this is the same colour as that etc... im looking for proper knowledge like adam has just given, any1 with any knowledge in the game?.

could'nt agree more m8, the trouble is it's not just with line a good many rods are the same blanks just with other companies eyes & handles, tarted up to look the biz then massive diferent prices

its the same all over high prices catch anglers coz of the stigma well that cost £200 so it must be good

could'nt agree more m8, the trouble is it's not just with line a good many rods are the same blanks just with other companies eyes & handles, tarted up to look the biz then massive diferent prices

its the same all over high prices catch anglers coz of the stigma well that cost £200 so it must be good

exactly, i was just concentrating on lines for the moment, seeing as this is a line thread :D :D. should start a new thread about all of it, and see if any1 knows anymore than us.

Guest Anonymous

exactly, i was just concentrating on lines for the moment, seeing as this is a line thread :D :D. should start a new thread about all of it, and see if any1 knows anymore than us.

done :D