Hair Rig

blueaura

wel personally i think having the hair smaller is better. it looks neater and i always have the actual hookbait covering the hair, its just better that little bit smaller :)

Not always m8,if the fish wise up to a short hair then changing to a longer one should increase results and remember the original hair rig was tried in all sorts of lengths,some up to 3 inches or so gap between the bait and the hook,so what may look neat and tidy to you or me may not give the best presentation.

i mean yea longer hairs they work as everyone knows but when the carp are picking up the bait individually and not sucking the bait in iv found that sometimes the hook has only just entered the mouth and therefore is only just hooking the fish or sometimes not at all, thats what i call a ghost run...you get a run on your end but when you strike...nothing. it all depends on the pressure of the water you fish and the standard of fish in the lake everyone is in a different situation. id rather use hookbait stacks over a longer hair hookbait, i just have more confidence in that :)

Guest Anonymous

its always better to tie the loop so that the knot is within the bait when on the hair, this will help to keep the bait inplace against the hair stop and help to stop the bait sliding down against the hook.

One more thing, what is the best thing to use as a hair stop. i've been using pine needles and short peices of grass all found beside the bank so everything is as natural as possible.

Only thing is the best stop i've used so far is pine needles but they have been wet for too long and become too soft, they are bending in two and going straight through the luncheon meat I'm using.

Ideas?