horseshoe

hey all, i have just joined horseshoe for the first time, and im having my first 48 session this weekend, its a big pit and my first big big bit, the biggest i have fished is 25 acres which is big for where i live (poole).

i like to fish hard waters waiting days,weeks,months seasons just for that one special fish and thought i would take a break from that and try something new, so i joined horsehoe, could any of you shed some light on it for me, as where is would be best to fish, baiting tatics ect. i know there are two big shouls of fish and locating them is the first priority but ill be arriving in the pitch black, any help would be greatfull,

Thanks lads.

tight lines

Dave

If you are talking about the Carp Society Horseshoe, then get youself a copy of the DVD they produce called "Horseshoe Dreams" which comes at a reduced price for members. Which explains most of the swims and the hotspots and techniques required to fish them. (Hope you are confident in fishing in heavy weed as it does have a bit)

The DVD also comes with colour map that shows all the swim's and their nicknames.

Plus they have the own forum where you can pick up tips etc, and it is always worth having a word with the team down there to get up to date info.

You will find the chaps down there very helpfull :wink:

It still may be possible to find some fish at night; if they are giving themselves away :wink: It may be worth 'chucking' out the rods using the advice gained from the DVD for the night you get there. Perhaps in a swim next to the car so you don't have to fully unpack? That would allow you to be up before first light to aid you in the location of some fish.