Shrink tube

steve50

I have been using it for a while in the traditional manner i.e pulling a needle through the shrink tube at an angle so that the hooklink is aligned properly. I just wonder whether it is necessary to do this as i have noticed that quite a lot of anglers don't bother and just have the hooklink coming straight from the angle of the shrink tube. I have had consistent results either way, which is why i want to know what you guys think, is it necessary to use the needle to pull it through?

Steve

Guest andypalf

I'm one of those that doesn't pull it through the side of the tubing. Something I do consider is what type of shrink tube I'm using and how I store my rigs.

I've found that the ESP stuff is quite hard and stiff once you've "set" it. And it will hold the angle nicely. However, using the own brand stuff from my tackle shop is much softer. When I store these rigs in my rig wallet they straighten out a bit and I've started pulling my hooklink through the side of the tubing.