elfhicks kent

kif

We have had threads on Elphicks (spelt correctly) in the past, just by posting on one of them brings it back to the top of the section.

The second link that I have put down below contains a link to the website at Elphicks, (and I found them by using the Search facility)

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=16135&highlight=elphicks

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=21147&highlight=elphicks

Seriously asking about the areas to fish is a like waving a "Red Rag to a Bull"!

On any water, you will have to do some work yourself. The fish may be moved about the venue by pressure, by the wind and weather, etc.

Whatever info you get from the forum now, may well be out of date by the time you go down there in a week, month etc, so the best bet is to get in touch with the bailiff or Fishery Manager.

On top of that you get there and whatever you have been told may feel totally wrong. You may get a feeling for a particular swim dependant on the weather on what it may do (or is forecast), or a recent change that has happened that day.

On top of that certain fish may come out of particular swims, but only be catchable at certain times of the year, so to give you advice to go into "Swim2" 'cos "Harry" lives there. (apologies to Bob James and Chris Yates)

I seem to remember the advice was to use plenty of bait as the Carp were always hungry as at the time it was a fairly new water and Natural food may have been a bit low.

However, the larger Carp may spook off a bed of bait, and prefer just a small bag worth, or the larger Carp may hang off the baited area, so a single bait may score.

The best bait is the bait you have confidence in, whatever you use normally. I would happily take Trigga, (B&F co) Smokey Mackeral and some others onto any water and feel confident that I will catch, even on the first time of its introduction.

Of course I could always come down with you, set your bivvy up, put bait on your hooks (hair), cast in for you and you may catch.

In which case you got it right! :roll:

Alternatively whatever you get from here may be totally wrong in which case you will blame all the wrong information, not your Fishing! :twisted::twisted: