Anyone live in or near central London?

I am looking for a buddy to go fishing with who lives close to me. I don't have a car, but I figured if I paid the petrol costs for getting to venues we could both benefit.

Is there anyone in the area of London Bridge or Southwark that would be interested?

Best regards,

Steve

steve i live in beckenham witch is only about 20mins from london bridge. i also have tge same problem as you as i dont drive and carnt go as much as i would like as i have to ask someone to drive or go with my friends. do you go any where local or know of lakes that are near trainstaions??? anthing would help. what do you do at the mo to get fishing. any good lakes near us???

As per the PM I sent you:

If you go to Search and then type in London area, click search all terms and also set it as UK Where to fish section and then press search you will find approximately 90 threads come up.

I also know that on the 2nd page of UK Where to fish is a thread about The Chase at Dagenham.

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=30682

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=33343&highlight=london

Also in the UK Where to fish is a Sticky that if you go down to "G" you will find London mentioned:

Greater London Shepperton Ashmere Fisheries 01932225445

Greater London Wimbledon Ashvale Fisheries 02082873892

London Brentwood Bedfords Park Lake 0170824461

London Feltham Bedfont Lake 01895444707/02088442261

Middlesex Yiewsley Cowley Lake 01895847889

There is also a lake at Fairlop that I have queried about in the past There are also some threads about Walthamstow, but they are normally kept very quiet, due to the secretive anglers on there.

Fairlop:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=9746&highlight=fairlop

http://www.fairlopwaters.info/

Had another quick search through the forum and found the name of a water called Harwood Hall at Upminster.

It has only been mentioned for Pike Fishing on here, but I did a quick bit of playing with Google and came up with this:

Becmain Angling Society Please click me here

Becmain Angling Society have a few waters, all are mentioned on the website.

If you stick the names into the search facility the other waters may possibly have threads about them on here :wink:

Thank you very much for all your rooting around. I really appreciate it.

I am aware of some of these waters, and some are very good. Unfortunately, the problem is getting myself and all my gear over there, which is why I was looking for a buddy close to where I live.

I have put an ad in the local paper which comes out today, so I am keeping my fingers crossed fort that.

But thank you again for all your hard work.

Steve

steve i live in beckenham witch is only about 20mins from london bridge. i also have tge same problem as you as i dont drive and carnt go as much as i would like as i have to ask someone to drive or go with my friends. do you go any where local or know of lakes that are near trainstaions??? anthing would help. what do you do at the mo to get fishing. any good lakes near us???

Here is a link that may help:

http://www.carp-uk.net/waterguide/greaterlondon.htm

I will drop you a line if I get anything organised. I don't currently fish, as I am just re-starting my hobby, so I will collect information as I go and pass it on.

According to the website Fairlop Water is right opposite the Tube Station on the Central Line, although I must admit it can be a pain getting gear across London on the Underground.

I have done it from West Drayton to Liverpool Street, so I know anything that involves a change of line is almost impossible, especially in the deeper stations.

Don't know what it would be like having to switch to DLR?

Thread moved into UK Where to fish NG

According to the website Fairlop Water is right opposite the Tube Station on the Central Line, although I must admit it can be a pain getting gear across London on the Underground.

I have done it from West Drayton to Liverpool Street, so I know anything that involves a change of line is almost impossible, especially in the deeper stations.

Yes, you're right. It is very difficult on public transport and impossible if you plan on taking your bivvie etc

Still, I have put an ad in the local rag for a buddy who lives nearby and would like to share fuel costs. Fingers crossed.

S

Yes, you're right. It is very difficult on public transport and impossible if you plan on taking your bivvie etc

Still, I have put an ad in the local rag for a buddy who lives nearby and would like to share fuel costs. Fingers crossed.

S

Very difficult, I did it with a weeks worth of gear after coming back from Ross on Wye in February :?:shock: