Joining new specimen club around North West - any advice?

shanners

Hiya fellow carpers,

I've been building up my confidence this year and want to join a club with a better chance of chancing 20's and 30's around the north west - any ideas?

I was a junior member of Lymm anglers eons ago, so was thinking of returning to them - but there's also SOTAS too which looks superb. Others i've seen are Macclesfield Waltonians, and Altrincham and district but not too sure about any of their waters.

Any info or advice on any clubs mentioned, or any others not, would be gratefully recieved!

thanks guys.

rejoining lymm is a good idea mate :wink:8)

sotas does have some very good waters but they are very busy and very tough nuts to crack :wink:

you won't find many anglers with a bad word to say about sotas, its a great club but if you do go after their better fish in redes and capes then you should expect a lot of blanks and maybe just a few carp per year if your lucky :wink:

warrington, winsford and northwich angling clubs are all worth looking at as well as lymm, arguably the best 2 clubs have long waiting lists, it would take you another 2-3 years to get into paas or wheelock :wink:

• 2 months later...