Foxearth fisheries

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I used to fish Foxearth before the new owner took over. A nice little water with a good head of twenties in. Now one or two thirties with one fourty which recently came out at 47. The place is FULL of crayfish and are a nightmare if you don't protect your hookbaits. Used to be a BIG problem with leaving your car in the carpark at night but I believe this has got better since the installation of CCTV.

Good luck.

Andy

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Fished here last week for the second time as i presumed we were just having a poor day the first time. Didnt fish the specemin lake as the guys who had been fishing it for a couple of 24 hour sessions werent impressed with the fishing. I was warned about the guy who manages the fishery. Thet said he could be rude and arrogant especially to the youngsters there, i presume he got bullied at scchool :x . Yes they were right rude and ignorant and not helpfull at all. We will never fish this place again due to poor fishing and rude staff, the owner needs to look at the staff he employs if he wants people to come back to this place.

• 6 months later...
Fished here last week for the second time as i presumed we were just having a poor day the first time. Didnt fish the specemin lake as the guys who had been fishing it for a couple of 24 hour sessions werent impressed with the fishing. I was warned about the guy who manages the fishery. Thet said he could be rude and arrogant especially to the youngsters there, i presume he got bullied at scchool :x . Yes they were right rude and ignorant and not helpfull at all. We will never fish this place again due to poor fishing and rude staff, the owner needs to look at the staff he employs if he wants people to come back to this place.

i agree the bailiff 'pete' is a funny one. no knowledge thinks he knows everything but actually knows nothing. i am gobsmacked that a nice little fishery like that is run by a amateur like him. you would like to think that people woould be encouraged to return and fish the place?? i bet the owners dont know how much business he turns away.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

ive never read so much rubbish theres never been a 47lb carp in there it got to 44lb 8oz as for the crayfish they are no longer in there and mate you must of done something really wrong to make pete be rude and arragant as hes a very nice and helpful fishery manager and its not a poor fishery and run by rude staff its just they want to make sure they get proper carp fisherman on there who know what there doing and look after the fish not just some noddys who think they know what there doing just because they have a set of carp rods. theres a very good bunch of blokes get down there and they try and help new comers to the lakes and yes its hard lake but if you know what you doing and think about your approach it can be very easy to catch