trentham lake

I fished Trentham last year. Went for a 24 hour session. Out of 4 of us I was the only one with a run and I lost it in snags!

Apparently it is a very snaggy water from what I've been told but I don't have a clue as to stock or size. Didn't even realise you could fish it any more.

If your from Newcastle, have you tried Cudmore or Baden Hall? There is also a lake near Tunstall that is council owned so you can fish it for free. That has definitely got a 30+ in there as I saw my mate catch it after targetting it for 6 months!!

thanks for that ive fished cudmore loads of times mate had loads of carp from there mate,also been to baden hall afew times on the new pool ive blanked the last 3 times but my mate had a nice common carp. you can still fish trentham but you have to buy a season ticket so you can go anytime you want these cost £190

Trentham should be just up your street wattowarwick :D Its full of pasties like these..lol... :roll:

gardens93-1.jpg

gardens1990-1.jpg

I know lads have been on there this year that have yet to catch one 20+ fish and they have caught plenty.

Theres no shortage of fish in there thats for sure but you have to wade through dozens and dozens to get the bigger fish that are undoubtedly in there.Stick to that duck pond in the woods :wink:

A mate of mine has fished trentham this year hes probably 'top rod' as hes had 4 or 5 20's upto 23.It is a nice lake and plenty of fish to be caught but theres a better option even closer to you but it will be much much harder than trentham.

If you do fish trentham drop me a PM as I can supply you with as much bait as you will need at a good price that has been catching well on there 8)

These are what you want :wink:8)

ThePet.jpg

Sounds good, I had a long walk round it the other day and there are loads of swims that carpy to me. The forest side of the lake looks like there would be alot of carp holding up across there, and the islands look good but very snaggy.

Do you know if the passanger boat desturbs the bottom much??

hi lido man

i havent fished threntham for years but that photo of that fish 3rd one down is a animal pal

i knew they were that big in there because a chap on the boat once told me he saw monster carp like that.

I have seen some monsters in the canel by trentham you know,i once stood on the bridge feeding them bread crust and they were taking it like pirrannas.

When i was a young lad we found a wagon tyre in that part of the canal and thought it was a pike.

Very nice fish lido man,keep me informed if you catch any more.

well done

thanks