Fishing in or near Portsmouth

Hi all,

I need your help again!!!!!!

I moved to portsmouth 3 weeks ago and have not yet found any lakes that are worth fishing, i would like a lake that has big carp. i am not too bothered if they are membership or day tickets but i just need somewhere to fish!!!

I hope that you can help me.

Thanks very much in advance for your replies

• 2 weeks later...

I've not been fishing long, I've always struggled to find places to fish.

However, I always use MBK leisuries. Barron Ponds and The Pump Station are good. I find the pump station is smaller, although the last time I went the owner was creating the car park and doing some proper walkways. Not many trees surround the The Pump Station pond, so if you want a bit of a cast when it's empty, there is room. The Barron Ponds is a very nice 82 pegs, when I always go, I find the lower smaller pond has the bigger fish. Day tickets are about £7.50, but going up to £10. I hear season tickets are going to be priced soon. It's worth the money, the owner seems to be doing a bit of work on the ponds. And if you know any one in a wheelchair, the sites are manageable, it's just the odd tree trunks and bit of mud that may be a pain.

www.mbkleisures.co.uk

Also look at www.portsmouthdas.co.uk I've not used any of theirs yet.

I've not been fishing long, I've always struggled to find places to fish.

However, I always use MBK leisuries. Barron Ponds and The Pump Station are good. I find the pump station is smaller, although the last time I went the owner was creating the car park and doing some proper walkways. Not many trees surround the The Pump Station pond, so if you want a bit of a cast when it's empty, there is room. The Barron Ponds is a very nice 82 pegs, when I always go, I find the lower smaller pond has the bigger fish. Day tickets are about £7.50, but going up to £10. I hear season tickets are going to be priced soon. It's worth the money, the owner seems to be doing a bit of work on the ponds. And if you know any one in a wheelchair, the sites are manageable, it's just the odd tree trunks and bit of mud that may be a pain.

www.mbkleisures.co.uk

Also look at www.portsmouthdas.co.uk I've not used any of theirs yet.

Hi mate yeah i have had a look at that and it doesnt seem bad at all and not too far either. Do you know what stock of fish they have got?

Thanks for your help