abbotts bromley

mart1979

Yeah it is Froggets farm just go and knock on the farmers door, if you show him that your a decent bloke he'll let you fish it for a very small price. Some good fish in it too. My dad fished it a couple of month ago but with no luck on that trip.

What size fish are still in there? id be intrested in fishing it if theres anything decent :)

My dad blanked but he said that there were gale force winds as its quite open. There were no carp topping or no signs what so ever but judging by the photo album the farmer keeps there should be some good fish in there, a few of them looked close to 30lb. I haven't seen any carp come out so i'll hold judgement til a see for myself.

Thanks mate il definitly have to pop down soon :D

• 4 months later...

I spent 3 days down there at the back end of sept, weather wasnt great. first day we spent on the first pool you come too. we had a few small carp about 6 -7 pound on maggots and corn.

edward the owner was tellimg me he as some 35lb carp in this pool, best fished with worm - maggots

the following 2 days we spent on the pools over the back, we had about 20 to 30 out 5 - 10lb of the top using bread and 100 plus smaller stuff on the maggot

more fish in this pool but mainly smaller size.

all in all a really nice place to fish, you need to speak to edward before you fish these pools also he does allow night fishing once he gets to know you.

PM me if you want his contact number

• 3 years later...

i do some work there. its called little dunstall farm, eddie froggatt owns it.

the pools stock some nice carp and tench.

small pools have carp upto 10lb and tench upto 3-4lb and a tone of small silvers. good for young kids getting into fishing

big main pool has carp upto 36lb and has a tench at 12.8lb but hasn't been caught for a while. all of which i have seen pulled out while working over there

the pools are very shallow and are unprecitable but i have had some very good days there. last year caught a 17lb ghost and 28lb mirror although i did get smashed 3 times by some very big carp.

he charges £6 a day and £15 to night fish on main pool and £3 a rod on smaller pools.