abbotts bromley

mart1979

Didnt even know there was one there and spent alot of time in Abbots Bromley years ago (All girls school and about 8 diff pubs :D:D:lol: ) i cant think of anywhere you can camp and fish not around the Midlands anyway but there must be some :wink:

Welcome to the forum aswell mate :wink:

(Will see if i can find owt out about that place for you) :wink:

i know the place you mean mate :) We used to call it farringtons or forge farm. Or do you mean the place a bit further up the road with 3 pools? If you mean forge farm it got took over a few years ago by fosters and the police. I think they use it for kids with asbos and stuff :(. I was quite gutted because you could used to bag up on carp there :(

sorry mate reading it again i think you was on about this place.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=abbotts+bromley&ie=UTF8&ll=52.83273,-1.887825&spn=0.00608,0.013733&t=h&z=16

The pool in the bottom left hand corner is supposed to have some big fish in but think they got nicked. He showed me a photo album once and john wilson had been there :)

The other pool i was on about is here

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=abbotts+bromley&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=52.800238,-1.879027&spn=0.00299,0.00633&z=17

Also i found this other quite big lake around that area and i went and had a look at it. There was signs that people had been fishing it but it looked quite awkward to get to it :)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=abbotts+bromley&ie=UTF8&ll=52.755334,-1.882997&spn=0.012181,0.027466&t=h&z=15

Do you know how i can contact the guy by any chance?.

i was told the smaller on was really good??

Yeah i was watching a bloke catching small carp in there. I dont know how you can contact him. Maybe if you knew farm name, is it called froggats farm? im not sure lol. I just had a drive over there one day to have a look but ive never fished it :)

The owners name is Edward, he owns the farm.

I can dig his number out if you want it as i used to be allowed to night fish it.

If you carry on up the lane from the lake and knock the door he is decent enough. If you want to fish it then he is normally happy to come down to the lake and take your money. I used to fish it around 10 years ago when is was very quiet.

How good is the info about fish being stolen?

Bill

Yeah it is Froggets farm just go and knock on the farmers door, if you show him that your a decent bloke he'll let you fish it for a very small price. Some good fish in it too. My dad fished it a couple of month ago but with no luck on that trip.

What size fish are still in there? id be intrested in fishing it if theres anything decent :)

Didnt even know there was one there and spent alot of time in Abbots Bromley years ago (All girls school and about 8 diff pubs :D:D:lol: ) i cant think of anywhere you can camp and fish not around the Midlands anyway but there must be some :wink:

Something about barrels, fish and shooting comes to mind! :lol::lol::lol:

Wrong order mate :lol::lol::lol::lol::D

Wrong order mate :lol::lol::lol::lol::D

Well I was trying not to make it obvious! :lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Also i found this other quite big lake around that area and i went and had a look at it. There was signs that people had been fishing it but it looked quite awkward to get to it :)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=abbotts+bromley&ie=UTF8&ll=52.755334,-1.882997&spn=0.012181,0.027466&t=h&z=15

Paul,

I lived close by for years. The water was only known as 'The Floods' because it was originally caused by the Trent flooding.

There never used to be fishing allowed but the odd local got permission occasionally.

In about 1985/6 a friend and I once asked the farmer if we could fish there and he gave us permission. We only did one 3 day session there to see if there were any signs of it having carp in. We had no action and didn't see anything other than silver fish and the odd larger Bream. We never went back again which was a shame and possibly an opportunity missed.

I did hear of a few nice pike being caught there over the years.

It could/maybe had carp in from the Trent but I've not heard of any being caught.

Of course this all may have changed and it could now be stocked with carp and heavily fished for all I know. :P

Access is difficult unless you know the area well or the owner gives you access through the farm. :wink:

Yeah it is Froggets farm just go and knock on the farmers door, if you show him that your a decent bloke he'll let you fish it for a very small price. Some good fish in it too. My dad fished it a couple of month ago but with no luck on that trip.

What size fish are still in there? id be intrested in fishing it if theres anything decent :)

My dad blanked but he said that there were gale force winds as its quite open. There were no carp topping or no signs what so ever but judging by the photo album the farmer keeps there should be some good fish in there, a few of them looked close to 30lb. I haven't seen any carp come out so i'll hold judgement til a see for myself.

Paul,

I lived close by for years. The water was only known as 'The Floods' because it was originally caused by the Trent flooding.

There never used to be fishing allowed but the odd local got permission occasionally.

In about 1985/6 a friend and I once asked the farmer if we could fish there and he gave us permission. We only did one 3 day session there to see if there were any signs of it having carp in. We had no action and didn't see anything other than silver fish and the odd larger Bream. We never went back again which was a shame and possibly an opportunity missed.

I did hear of a few nice pike being caught there over the years.

It could/maybe had carp in from the Trent but I've not heard of any being caught.

Of course this all may have changed and it could now be stocked with carp and heavily fished for all I know. :P

Access is difficult unless you know the area well or the owner gives you access through the farm. :wink:

Cheers mate :D

I found a gate down a lane at the side of it and drove into the field as another car was there and it said public footpath. There was only the one peg that looked fishable without wearing waders and that looked quite shallow. Be intresting to know whats in there :)