reedlands lake essex

jgg

Guest Anonymous

Welcome to the forum :D

I was a member for about 3 or 4 years but haven't fished it since about '97.

Although I couldn't tell you the latest hot spots or tactics, the brothers (with the dog) are good lads & will help you with tips.

All I remember is, natural or unusual baits work well.

Is Maz still running the club?

Guest Anonymous

Strange this thread came up when it did really, I haven't been to the lake for a few years but visited it last weekend :shock:

My brother (who was also a member) & I had a wander & a chat. The lads reckon there's a few 20+'s in there now which is quite believeable but the ever elusive 25+'s (when I was a member 93-97) were never seen by me personally & I was there most days, I was lucky enough to be on job 'n' knock back then & got about 5 or 6 hours at the lake every afternoon... Not the most inspiring lake but handy as it was almost en-route.

Reedlands.jpg

My pb out of that lake was a 17lb mirror which came to a hair rigged whole fresh strawberry about 18" from the bank on a feeder rod... Margin fishing was always best in that water.

The lake is used for irrigation & the farmer doesn't worry about pumping every last gallon out of it, I've seen that lake at only about 20/25 feet across but it doesn't make the fishing any easier, if anything they're so wary it's rare to catch.

I only ever did 1 or 2 nights on there & can't say they were any more productive but the wildlife down there at night is amazing :shock: (scary amazing :lol: )

Guest Anonymous

In my youth yeah :lol:

I'm a suffolk boy now ~ I belong to Paxmans & a syndi over at Brightlingsea but give us a shout if you're over there & take a spare cup if you get my drift... Always up for a visit to a like :wink:

Guest Anonymous
A friend of mine has joined the lake at b/sea is that a new syndicate?

It most certainly is, Woodlands.

I've joined it now for the years ahead really, most of the fish are between 10 & 16lb but ALL are beautifully scaled & will be big lumps in a few years... you won't be able to get on there then!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Which lake did you join?

Me & a couple of mates (members on here) are on the big lake.

Drop us a PM when you go over next & we'll try to make a session of it?? I need to go soon, haven't seen my rods for 3 weeks :shock:

:D

• 4 months later...

Another old thread dig up.

I joined this lake last year and have caught from there most sessions. Like has been mentioned the margins produce well and in the summer they are quite catchable off the top.

The stock of carp that I know of are 4 fish over 20lb's with two that go above 30lb at the right time of year. One common and one mirror. There is also a ghost carp that was last out at 26lb. There are also quite a lot of high doubles as well.My biggest from the lake is 17lb so hoping to better that this year.

All in all I think its a good lake with a good chance of a fish or two in a short space of time. For £35 a season you cant go wrong.

x2gsd, Seeing as you were a member did you ever see any catfish in the lake? Iv heard a rumour that there are some in there but they have never been caught. Just wondered if you had heard anything similiar?

Guest Anonymous
x2gsd, Seeing as you were a member did you ever see any catfish in the lake? Iv heard a rumour that there are some in there but they have never been caught. Just wondered if you had heard anything similiar?

No bryanm, never heard of any cats in there mate :shock:

Ask the brothers who walk their dog round there, they'll tell you the truth about what's in there & what's myth :wink:

I went over there for a look about last Friday as it happens - it's maturing in to a right nice venue. I always found the back margins were most productive especially at night but that was a few years ago, things may have changed :? Good luck for the season.

No bryanm, never heard of any cats in there mate :shock:

Ask the brothers who walk their dog round there, they'll tell you the truth about what's in there & what's myth :wink:

I went over there for a look about last Friday as it happens - it's maturing in to a right nice venue. I always found the back margins were most productive especially at night but that was a few years ago, things may have changed :? Good luck for the season.

Is that reedlands you are talking about?

Guest Anonymous
Is that reedlands you are talking about?

Sure is :wink:

hi all, reedlands happens to be on my doorstep, and i didnt even know it existed. could anyone be kind enough to give me some joining info please,

cheers,

simon

Simon, it's been a few years since I was a member there but the woman you need to speak to is (or was) Maz Rochelle 01255 435380 & as bryanm say's, it's £35 a season.

Yeah membership happens every March. Ive been told the waiting list is quite long. At least 50 people and seeing as there is only 150 members max it could take a long time to get on there.

It is a bit silly beause whenever ive fished, there has only been a maximum of five people on there. Quite a lot of the members live away and only fish when they come down on holiday in the summer months.

• 1 year later...

I know the land owner Brian quite well and he tells me its almost impossible to get in there due to the waiting list. Certainly some fine looking fish in there though. I and a friend shoot all round that area and I quite often stop off at the pond for a nose aroud. Never seen anymore than 5 fishing at one time. What a lot of people dont know is that they have another pond, but i believe that is just a stock pond no.

• 1 month later...

Yeah the other pond used to be used as well so I have heard. Having fished this lake for around 3 years now I have caught the big ghost carp at 27lb 8oz and a mate I fish with has caught a common of 21lb.

I seriously doubt if there is a 30lber in there as we have never caught or heard of anybody catching it.

There is a lot of fish in there and being a small water its not to difficult to catch from it.

Still always nice to have membership as it is a lovely little lake with a good chance of getting a bend in the rod.