strong knot?

leeboy728

i currently use the granny knot to tie on my swivels e.t.c. but im not sure if this is strong and i wondered if there are any better knots i could tie to make sure i have a strong knot and not have to worry bout it comin un-done or snapping? also wen tying the granny knot and pulling it tight at the end the line behind the knot goes all curly can i prevent this?? :confused:

i currently use the granny knot to tie on my swivels e.t.c. but im not sure if this is strong and i wondered if there are any better knots i could tie to make sure i have a strong knot and not have to worry bout it comin un-done or snapping? also wen tying the granny knot and pulling it tight at the end the line behind the knot goes all curly can i prevent this?? :confused:

Blooming Heck!

Using granny knots is not at all safe for you, or the fish.

NEVER use a Granny Knot

Learn to tie the Uni knot or Grinner knot, never had one of these come undone or break. They are probably the safest knots to use in fishing and you'll use them for almost everything, Braids, Mainline to swivels.

Have a search around the Forum as there is a knot tying thread on here somewhere.

When tying each and every knot make sure you lubricate them with spit to prevent the coiling/curling up, it will also prevent damage to the line as you pull the knot tight.

When you have learnt to tie the knot properly then practise it until you are 100% certain of your Knots every time. Then when you tie each knot test them before you cast out.

Try the Palomar it`s about the easiest to tie,do a search on here or a google search and that will give you instructions on how it`s done.

Please don't say buys Ready Tied Rigs... Urgh:rolleyes:

If you tie your own rigs its easy enough to Knotless Knot the hook on giving you the Hair. You can even get the exact Hair length if you put the bait on the end as you tie the Knotless Knot.

Guest Anonymous
:( makes me shudder to think of it, I allways tie my own rigs as I think most carp anglers do know, at least that way I know I am getting a decent rig as well as that you can experiment with different lengths

My Thoughts exactly, stuck with what you get. Right Pain if you need to change hairlength or have a longer hooklength.

Occasionally I'll tie a hair on out of nylon or Hair Braid, something a bit more supple than the Continuation of the Hooklength. You will need to tie decent knots for that as well.

Guest Anonymous

as allready mentioned the 5 turn grinner knot or the palomer are the best to use, you can find diagrams on how to tie them on most spools of hair rig material, or failing that do a search on this site.............hope this helps :) :)