North Met pit (lea valley)

Hi guys

I have pulled off the Tolpits complex as it is just too busy for me, so i have moved onto the North Met pit on the lea valley complex.

My ticket will be through in the next few days, but i have done alot of walking and fish/feature finding. The carp are really easy to find but trying to find anyone to talk to on the lake is near impossible as it is so lightly fished!

Does anyone no how difficult it is and the fish stock etc? I no about the 'forties' but would like info on the other stock numbers.

I dont want to try and find out peoples tactics, i am more than happy to spend the time working this out for myself, i would just like to no some more general info on the pit itself.

I have heard people say it is difficult but i have seen so many fish in certain area's that it seems strange that it would be massively difficult.

For example today saw a common pushing the thirty mark and a good few 20's milling around and taking fly's off the surface, plus a good handfull of fish feeding close in to the margins

Thanks in advance for any help

Tony :D

• 3 years later...

Hi, fished there quite a bit but about 5 years ago. i wouldn't say the lake is easy although if you put the work in keep your eyes open and mobile you should do ok. The lake does get busy but the lads used to be a great bunch so have a chat when you start to see some anglers.

I found the Cadmore lane end to be busier, balifs swim for example is never free as well as the bench swim. the carp tend to congregate in the out of bounds and move out to the islands and some get caught. Don't ignore the point swim had my pb from there and that end of the lake is usually quieter. The fish get down there to spawn when the waters right however there are always fish down there. thinking of getting back on there to finish some business, had a fish called Moonscale at 4oz under 40 has since done 40 and also Baby Bazil at 39 believe he has done 44. pm me if you need any further info DB