What hair rigs for France?

redmr2turbo

We're going to France fishing veyr soon and all of the carp are around 30lb upwards, and then there are cats up to 45lb.

What sort of rig should I go for? Braid or line? What breaking strain? around 15lb? What size hooks? About size 6?

My main line will be either 10lb or 18lb (going to start with the 10lb).

Many thanks

Matt

lots of bs is talked about fishing in France.

after all you're just fishing for carp as you would at home, just hopefully bigger ones. up your line breaking strain to 15lb or so and lets say you use korda longshanks, just upgrade to longshank x's. (thicker gauge therefore stronger)

If you are not fishing at mega range your normal home kit will do just the same job as it does here (unless you fish at mega range here) and as for your hooklength, its more than likely 20lb bs or so anyway so why change.

just step up your home gear a little (line and hooks) keep the rest the same, why complicate matters.

Enjoy it and best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Patos is bang on there mate.The definate up rate would be the move to 15lb line.I don't know of any fisheries in France that would let you use 10lb,most state 15 as a minimum.Hook's wise i can recommend nash fang's in 4's or 6's as they are a really strong hook and have never let me down.Where about's are you going too???