Newlands Hall Fishery Big Lake?

Personal opinion, you will probably catch but based on it still being anything like it used to be expect the following

Obnoxious owner/baliff

Noise/kids

Rats(lots of)

Lots of single figure fish with badly damaged mouths

Loads of better places around essex to try, an example being birds green in ongar.

• 8 months later...

i disagree, the fish are average to good conditioned, i fished there november o8, had 10 fish in 24hrs, smallest 9lb biggest 26lb fully scaled. average size ive found to be around 12-14lb. I like the place, yeah rats are everywhere and get some muppets there but hey..where doesnt, baliffs are bit grumpy but i dont go to catch baliffs..out of 22 fish in 3 visits ive only had 6 single figure fish, only 4 fish have had angler damaged mouths.. not bad for a commercial. :wink:

Try anywhere, its a pretty uniform bottom so any swim can produce. My bigger fish have come from the nearest end to the toilets, from there to one swim past island/point on opposite bank. Doesnt get fished as much as nearside bank. About 50 yards range with crushed boilie pva bag and pop ups bring better fish. :wink:

Try anywhere, its a pretty uniform bottom so any swim can produce. My bigger fish have come from the nearest end to the toilets, from there to one swim past island/point on opposite bank. Doesnt get fished as much as nearside bank. About 50 yards range with crushed boilie pva bag and pop ups bring better fish. :wink:

thanks for that mate, i will give that a go next week, im starting to forget what my nevs sound like lol. ill let you know how i get on.

when you going fella? im taking a friend(beginner) there on fri-sat. trying few new things :wink:

hi mate, i was thinking about doing thursday night and friday day. if your up for that then i can meet you there. ive got a new bait that im testing at the moment but i havnt tried it on a runs water so it would be good to give it a go,

cheers,

simon

when you going fella? im taking a friend(beginner) there on fri-sat. trying few new things :wink:

hi mate, i was thinking about doing thursday night and friday day. if your up for that then i can meet you there. ive got a new bait that im testing at the moment but i havnt tried it on a runs water so it would be good to give it a go,

cheers,

simon

And I am that masked friend(beginner). It would be great to meet a fellow carp.com man Simon. I promise to try and not make too much of a hash of things - but please don't laugh :oops:

Steve

P.S. Hi Buddy!

cheers,

simon

And I am that masked friend(beginner). It would be great to meet a fellow carp.com man Simon. I promise to try and not make too much of a hash of things - but please don't laugh :oops:

Steve

P.S. Hi Buddy!

hi mate, i think i am going to do thursday day, thursday night and fiday day. no probs if you want to come down, it would be good to have a bit of a social. and no i would never laugh, we all had to start somewhere, i hope you can learn something lol.

how long are you doing on there steve, is there a reason for peg 33 as i have never fished the lake before? the chilli sounds all good fella lol

We should be there about 9AM on Friday and will probably leave earlyish Sun day morning. Not really sure where or why we are fishing as my buddy is the head man in that department.

I hope to see you. I am tall and extremely good looking. I will be wearing a black pin-stripe suit with a copy of The Times under my left (LEFT) arm. The password is "Hamburger". :)

Well guys,me and my friend did 36 hours there this weekend, had over 20 fish between us and considering it was his first ever carp trip, now has a p.b of 17lb 8 ounces.. not bad ay lads, anyway it was a bit messy but i only spotted one rat and the main thing I had problem with was a group of lads on the other bank, met two baliffs, one nice young lad, one older guy who was grumpy,but i didnt go to be his friend, and car park needs levelling. all together lads a bit messy but with some nice fish. :wink:

Edited for swearing BBJ

Well guys,me and my friend did 36 hours there this weekend, had over 20 fish between us and considering it was his first ever carp trip, now has a p.b of 17lb 8 ounces.. not bad ay lads, anyway it was a bit messy but i only spotted one rat and the main thing i had problem with was a group of lads on the other bank, met two baliffs, one nice young lad, one older guy who was grumpy,but i didnt go to be his friend, and car park needs levelling. all together lads a bit messy but with some nice fish. :wink:

well done to your mate on his new pb and its good to see its not as bad as everyone makes out. its a shame i couldnt make it down there, but work interfered with my plans. what was the biggest fish out, and how many singles did you have mate.

Well guys,me and my friend did 36 hours there this weekend, had over 20 fish between us and considering it was his first ever carp trip, now has a p.b of 17lb 8 ounces.. not bad ay lads, anyway it was a bit messy but i only spotted one rat and the main thing i had problem with was a group of lads on the other bank, met two baliffs, one nice young lad, one older guy who was grumpy,but i didnt go to be his friend, and car park needs levelling. all together lads a bit messy but with some nice fish. :wink:

well done to your mate on his new pb and its good to see its not as bad as everyone makes out. its a shame i couldnt make it down there, but work interfered with my plans. what was the biggest fish out, and how many singles did you have mate.

I'm the lucky guy with a new PB - I am made up and thanks to my pal for all his help.

I will put a venue review and a summary of the session on my blog; but as Southend said there was quite a bit of rubbish about, the swims could have been looked after more - even just levelling them would help - and I imagine the rats will be much worse come the warmer months. With a little effort and a few bob they could put the place right. It is a nice old lake with plenty of ancient trees and wildlife; and most of the fish were in lovely condition.

It is rough around the edges (so to speak), but I had a great time.

its great to hear about carp catches it could be brilliant if the people running it took more notice as to how some people treat these lakes

the lake i have been fishing lately have banned alcohol and children under 16 and no night fishing

The ban on alcohol and juniors is a good one in my view; but to ban night fishing seems unjust. The regulators have either failed in the first instance, or have not realised the opportunity in the second.

I will be putting my review in a post today. I will ask for feed back from the lads on here, hone it a little, and then create a template that I will use for every venue I fish. The reviews will hopefully be of a high quality as I take notes when I fish and try and absorb as much information as I can. All these will be posted on my blog.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

Im new to the site today and this thread caught my eye as i used to fish the syndicate lake at newlands for a little while. Thought id add my two cents as i know the place quite well. It does get messy unfortunately mostly due to the kids and the few less considerate people ( i wont call them anglers) who choose to use the venue for their weekend [censored] up. However the bailifs work very hard to keep it as good as it is. Beleive me ive been round with adam before during the summer checking tickets n picking up rubbish and they really do bust a nut to try and keep the fishery as nice as they can. The owners arent particularly interested as it doesnt make much money compared to the other businesses they have on site and they dont fish it themselves. I would thoroughly recomend it to beginners and i would definitely give the syndicate a go. I had over 60 25lb+ fish from there and there are some cracking 30's.

Hi guys.

Im new to the site today and this thread caught my eye as i used to fish the syndicate lake at newlands for a little while. Thought id add my two cents as i know the place quite well. It does get messy unfortunately mostly due to the kids and the few less considerate people ( i wont call them anglers) who choose to use the venue for their weekend [censored] up. However the bailifs work very hard to keep it as good as it is. Beleive me ive been round with adam before during the summer checking tickets n picking up rubbish and they really do bust a nut to try and keep the fishery as nice as they can. The owners arent particularly interested as it doesnt make much money compared to the other businesses they have on site and they dont fish it themselves. I would thoroughly recomend it to beginners and i would definitely give the syndicate a go. I had over 60 25lb+ fish from there and there are some cracking 30's.

Hi Rainbow, welcome to the site. I did a complete venue review here:

http://carpernutcase.blogspot.com/2009/02/newland-hall-brook-lake.html

I think you are right to say that the fishery pays less than the other facilities. However, I think they have some variation in bailiffs over there now and, whilst some may be of the hard working variety to which you refer, I think there are others less inclined to work.

When we went it was in real need of work and litter was strewn everywhere. I get the feeling that unless the owners put some commitment in, then the place will remain as it is. Which is a shame, as it could be rather pleasant.

• 2 years later...