dream lakes

sirpotter

Hello Sir!

Dreamlakes has had a negative press and i know there are those on this site that have, shall we say, reservations. However, i can only speak as i find so here goes.....

I have fished dreamlakes 1 on and off for the past 5 years. I have never blanked, the least amount of fish caught during a week being 6, the most 14. That's not to say it hasn't had its problems. There was a reasonable fish death a few years back, which wouldn't be a problem in itself, but the remedy decided upon did create a new problem. They decided to replace the lost carp by exchanging the big cats pound for pound for carp with a french guy. In theory, perfect. Trouble was the little cats had no big cats to eat them, and the kitten population exploded. It was difficult to have a bait in the water long enough for the carp without being intercepted by the kittens.

Over the last couple of years, head bailiff Matt and the guys have been meticulously removing the little blighters whilst continuing to stock more and more carp.

Last year i had no cats and, although the fishing wasn't (and never has been) easy, i really enjoyed my week.

Cowley.