Wally's lake

havebn't fished it sinc december when i blanked (unusual for wally's!), but have been down there on numerous occasions this year to see people sat without even seeing a fish (again highly unusual at wallys, even in the depths of winter!) 3 guys i know did a 48 hour session there 3 weeks ago and didnt have a single knock between them

what other lake do you fish carpcatcher? fished thorney lakes last week even though its meant to be closed, the owners said we could fish it for the day, no boilies allowed but did take a few doubles on the old trusty peperami, other than wallys, thorney, and ash i havent fished that many lakes round here, need to give todber a go as hearing great things about it

Guest Anonymous

well i aint fished any in the dorset area yet but i do intend to start im in somerset and im fishing durleigh and longleat mainly but im on the look out for a good water with some nice fish if you ever fancy a trip when im over your way just let me no what size are the fish in wallys?

Guest Anonymous

a mate of mine went to longleat on friday and came home today he had 5 fish 4 mirrors and 1 comman the smallest was 16lb 12oz and the biggest was 22lb 2oz i think the fish go up to the 30lb plus in there and its not bad £20 for 24 hours

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous
definitly the time to get down here, my mate has just done a 48 hour session and has taken 19 fish, smallest being 11lb, biggest 22lb 8oz, doing a 24 hour session down there on friday, cant wait!!

nice one will have to try and get down there soon sounds like its good fishing :D

• 1 year later...
definitly the time to get down here, my mate has just done a 48 hour session and has taken 19 fish, smallest being 11lb, biggest 22lb 8oz, doing a 24 hour session down there on friday, cant wait!!

Is this the original wally's lake or the new lake over the back?

Cheers, Cowley

• 3 weeks later...

Is this the original wally's lake or the new lake over the back?

Cheers, Cowley

the original, the new one isn't open yet is it? i was led to believe its sill about a year away

Hell all i'm down on holiday the last week of june and going to fish wally's on the sunday, Just wondered if anyone had any tips as it's going to be a short stint and want the best possible chance? so if anyone could best swim tactics or bate i would be appreciated,Also where do i purchase the day ticket from?

Cheers

Oxcarp

Hello mate

Anywhere around the island is good, fish it really tight with light leads, or if you look at the lake from the horses field bank, there's a big overhanging tree on the right hand side of the lake, but you have to virtually sit on your rods or they'll be straight in there.

I used to do well with trout pellets, salmon sinkers i think, and also with chops.

If you're in open water, it gets weedy in patches, up against them is ok.

Good luck, cowley.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys - we are doing a 24 hour session there soon. We have had some joy there recently, taking 5 doubles each averagely in a session - smallest 11lb and bigest 21lb. I have attached a link to the preview of the next episode. Wally is the lakes largest carp - a 29lb Mirror Carp - we will be hoping to catch him! Tiger nut boilies work a treat here. They also have website with catch reports - www.weymouthcamping.com

Jay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqMslalYDis

Hi guys - we are doing a 24 hour session there soon. We have had some joy there recently, taking 5 doubles each averagely in a session - smallest 11lb and bigest 21lb. I have attached a link to the preview of the next episode. Wally is the lakes largest carp - a 29lb Mirror Carp - we will be hoping to catch him! Tiger nut boilies work a treat here. They also have website with catch reports - www.weymouthcamping.com

Jay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqMslalYDis

It was originally called 'Wally's Lake' because of Mary Green's Father, Wally. The Green's own the caravan site that the lake is owned by. There's a picture of him in The Ranch House, holding a carp in the late 60's.

I had a caravan there in the 90's, fished it every summer for about 10 years. There was the odd 20 in those days but mainly doubles, loads of them though. I caught 21 one morning, then went down the smugglers for lunch...great memories.

There was never a fish called Wally in those days, guess that's evolved since :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...