Have a good laugh at this...

zander1

When did you tie that Zander?

The leadcore is always setup in my box along with all of my other leadcore leaders and tubing ect, I tied the rig itself the night i posted the pic of that weired contraption from the screaming delkim website :)

Its just that I seem to remember reading in another thread a post of yours were you state that you don't use leadcore anymore and only use an IQ leader or fish straight through with your main line? Yet here you say that its always set up in your box along with all your other leadcore leaders :?

I dont use leadcore anymore i still have loads of leaders in my box just in case i need to try somthing different or my new aproach stops working :lol: i like to keep my options open and dont see the point in binning somthing because i am not using it at the min :wink::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry Zander I must have mis read your post :oops:

I thought the reason you said you stopped using it was for the fish safety aspect not for your catch rate :?

Nope, i dont think that leadcore is detrimental to the fish, you must be thinking of nick, this was in a recent thread in the advanced section. IMO if leadcore is used correctly it is safer for the fish, nearly anyleader that you tie to your mainline can be detrimental to the fish if used incorrectly but if you use common sence nearly all problems can be avoided :wink::lol::lol::lol:

Have a browse through this Nige, it may clear up any uncertanties about my statements or fishing style :?:):):)

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=32598&start=25

I'm not trying to cause a stir. Like I said I probably miss read / interpreted your post wrong.

I thought you were saying it because of reading through the thread you realised that it can be harmful to a fish :wink:

"Silt rig" not "chod" :lol:

Basicaly i suppose it is, but its not a popup stiff rig so no not really :?:?:?

:lol::lol::lol:

Whats the difference?

some of the older members/ carpers get adjitated as is it was originaly called the silt rig but then fshionable reinvented and renamed by the "known" anglers of today :? summat like that :lol::lol::lol:

I agree with zander1, If you younger carpers google the word CHOD, it has no relative meaning in anyway to do with carping.I have been using this type of rig since the late 80's,I used to use it when fishing between gravel bars were silt collected, as with a lot of rigs that are around at the moment.They just variations of old rigs. I can not see how the rig tube on the hook ( in the picture) helps in anyway to improving hooking .As for the rest of it, it is over engineered.The conker on the end I would think is a home made lead and could do with mix of lead coatings rather than just brown.It is very worrying that these kind of rigs are being used,I saw a rig the other day i think it was called The Tungsten Ball rig this was from well known tackle manufacture, what a load of rubbish.

I must go the nurse is here with my medication

Squire :twisted::lol::lol::lol:

Where i come from "chod" means "dump, as in "takin a dump", "dropping a chod/ having a chod" :wink:

Have a look at the dates of the link:

Team Screaming Delkims 2005

Look closely at the beads. If the lake is clear then they may be able to get off the Leadcore. The one that the swivel is on also looks like a bead that splits into 2, so the swivel can release the rubber stop holding it in place may also slide up and down the leadcore.

Either way Leadcore not my favourite stuff after loads of experiments and that does look a bit "dodgy".