Sky Lake - France

bazzajar

Hi Guys I was out there in March, weather was not too bad for the time of year. The fish had just started to wake up and feed. However not like they would normally, plenty of fish came out of Pegs 9 and on the point. The guys in the woods did struggle because they would not listen to Andy or Rob. They wanted to use the boilie and that’s what they wanted to use. Hench they had a crap week, they should have used small plastic baits, they would have cleaned up they had a shed load of fish in front of them all week!

Going back there in Aug 1st can't wait. I go at least 2 times a year. Fished with Shane on here last Oct.

Shane the new swim 12 is really nice, loads of new places to fish from and the morning we got there this March a guy was netting a upper 40 (I think about 48) the week I was there just, the guy that was in 12 did catch but not many due to the fact that he did not go on to plastics till the end of his week. So shows the new swim works :wink:$

One thing to let people know is THE FISH ARE NOT EATING BOILLIES!!!! Not saying you won’t catch on them; before people start saying they have had them on them. I am saying you won’t have as many. Best thing to do before going is call them or drop them an email and ask what the fish are taking. No point spending ££££££ on bait if the fish don’t like it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello mate, cheers for the news

i am back there this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

swim 12 all booked up and i just cannot wait

the MK2 viewing bucket is all set and ready to go, and Andy you ain't having this one!!!!!!!

just need to find out what time ot get picked up, Rob if you are reading this ANSWER YR PHONE:)

good to see Phil and Scott again too

Let me know what week in August, i may try to squeeze in another trip this year aswell

• 1 month later...

Hello Ben

yet had a week out there, loved it

had a bit of a mare to begin with, changed hooks and hooklink thanks to Andy i had a result, a new PB, lol 12oz bigger than my last but still (pb now stands at 45.8

had 2 in total sadly lost 4 more due to the above

going back next year for 2 weeks, and hope to get a sneaky week in this year if poss!!

TO ALL READERS AND POTENTIAL BOOKERS!!

there are no fish deaths here, mr t, hannibal etc are not gone, apparently a rumour started in the guildford area. this is not the case, book with confidence, and no i am not sponsered here, wish i was, fish there all the time if i was!!!!!!

Good luck to all that are going!!

Hello Will

ok, rigwise plastic corn as last year, just mix the colours a bit, yellow orange corn, with a bit of white aswell, balance so i sinks slowly etc

i used rigmarole hydrolink and size 8 korda hooks, just use the wide gape X pattern. as i said i had a few probs at first, and wrote to Danny Fairbrass, got what i must say was an awesome reply with advise, very rare in this modern age that the "main man" replies, even enclosed a few rigs he uses at Sky, and NO you cant see them:)

but simple blowback style knotless knot etc and the freefall clips

weed is excellent now, about 40 yrds out nice gravel area, think of a large hollow doughnut, doughnut being the gravel weed in the middle for sancuary loads to aim for etc, i am gonna try and get back there for Nov, will try to get a place on the lake

cannot wait till next year!!!

good luck, if you have not already booked a swim, GRAB THE POINT!!!!!!

Willi I don't think that Shane said that Danny admitted that Korda rigs are suspect, it would be nice to read what reply he got! What he said according to his posting was that Danny recommended some other things, possibly made by Korda who knows, until the reply is posted to repeat myself, who knows? Just watched a program on Sky about Sky lakes, lot of up and coming anglers (well known ones apparently?), can't beat the old school though!! 1 thing I appreciated is that they weren't hauling, which 1 would expect when swims are prebaited prior to TV coverage, happened in the days of Jack Hargreaves and Matt Hayes has tried it and failed sometimes, these guys are not carping gods, just anglers like you and I!

Got the Point this time round Shane. 1st - 8th Aug. Can't wait, Driving out myself this time round, should be a good week was there last Aug and did well.

I might got out again this Oct if work is ok, that will make 3 trips this year. Ganna book up for next year when I am there this Aug, always book a year in advance to ensure my place esp since the korda did their bit on Sky.

yep, i by no means said the kroda stuff was dodgy

i got a 2 page letter from Danny and 2 of his rigs, and i am pleased to say mine are not far off them quality wise!!!!

just a few tweaks and i am all set, cannot wait

hoping to go again in November but have 2 weeks next year, a week on the point and the next week on the road bank!

Do you mean 8th August cos if thats the case then I will be there the same week.

Went last year and its best to keep it simple. I used IQ hooklink and had no problems at all. Plastic corn critically balanced. Leave yer bolies at home as the carp dont eat them, they dont have to as so much partiblend goes in!!

oh and Use rigmarole lead clips otherwise you'll lose fish. Apart from that you'll have a great time as its a top place and the hosts are superb.

Get out in a boat, find yer spots and dump the bait in and sit back and wait. Cant get any simpler than that. Its not a runs water though but the fish are worth the wait beleive me.

See you in a couple of weeks

• 3 weeks later...

Im off out to sky lakes on the 28th august is anyone gunna be out there?, am only going for 4 days unfortuantly used most of my holiday time up, what are these rigmarole clips about then i usually use the korda 1s can I not use these and just cut the clip down abit?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

hi i am off to sky lake in a month or so but cant seem to find anything up to date about the place can any1 help please? would like to get abit of info on the place be4 i get there, or chat to any 1 that has been there or is going on the same trip as me from the 10th to the 17th, many thanks andy

• 2 years later...