linch hill oxford

• 4 weeks later...
I think it's four days on one swim then three in another on a different lake. 48 hours at a time is enough for me. Says the missus.........

A ha, we meet again, Carpkisser!!! :twisted: When you going to test your mettle against some proper wild Redfish, instead of tormenting those poor tame Carp, you old coot?

By the way, Johnny G. has now had TWELVE 4lb+ Perch from the river!!!! Best at 4lbs 14ozs, now that does make my mouth water!!

Hoping you can indeed make it over this year, best of luck at Linch Hill if you can't and maybe I can get over there for some Barbelling.

Regards mate,

Capt.V

Here's hoping the Bees make the playoffs and yes your Gooners do look a bit tasty this year.

• 2 months later...
the big lake's a day ticket and thats where terry hearn fishes theres about 10-15 40's and a 50 which is beautiful :D:D :D :D:D

not quite sure about this stocking pbr has said about , quite a few forty's but not that many! plus i am sure the 50 only scrapes there at the right time of the year

• 8 months later...

I have fished lynch hill fisheries when I was younger and lived nearer the oxford area, and to be honest in my opnion it was one of the better and more accesible quality carp waters. The best lake in the complex is Willow lake and from memory it is around 6-7 acres and is a moderatley deep gravel pit with good fighting and good size carp. When I fished it it was not mega-hard but definatley not for the beginner as I have lost some fish which some were down to snags and gravel bars without using a leader and some just inexperienced fishing. I live in the Kent area now and have spider lakes, railway pit and brooklands on my door step (spoilt for choice) but I would still fish there even on a day ticket. But good luck though!!

Christian[/url]

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

hi, ya, guys, spent a day at linch hill fishery today, cracking place, 2 lakes

to choose from 40 came out last week, spoke to the guy that caught it,

and the baliff manny what a nice guy nothing is to much trouble for him,

and had a very nice bacon/egg sarnie in the cafe

a visit is a must. roy birmingham