zig rig

dan_the_fisherman

Before anyone asks i have looked through past threads but i am still not 100% confident about how to use the zig rig. Could anyone suggest some suitable answers for the following questions please.

what hooklength would be best for targetting fish between 20lb and 30lb, what size bait - and does the boilie need to be cut down because i am unaware of the advantages of this. I am going to use a flat pear lead do i need a leader behind it?

I also read something about not feathering the cast, how come?

Any other tips you have up your sleeve i would be very grateful to hear them.

i love fishing with zigs! although at times can be a tad frustrating.

as for hooklinks, try Drenan Double Strength in 10-12lb breaking strain - its what most people seem to use and is quite thin for diameter as it is pre-stretched.

lead wise, i just use a normal inline lead with a small amount of tubing and only put on a flying backlead if really necesary. to stop tangles even more you could put sum pva foam over the hook point.

about the feathering, not quite sure here - but i just cast as normal and as the rig just touches the water i trap the line, in theory this stops the lead and the zig carries flying out on a straight line away from the lead.

good luck tiger :D

Guest Anonymous

alrite what i do is just keep it simple

no leader no tubing nothing

little lead aroun 1 1/2 oz fish about 10cm over depth with eaither a bread cigar or chopped down boilie glugged in coffe or somthing brown to look like a dog biscuit or try just usin a whole normal boilie its up 2 u

hope i helped