Bristle filament and Amnesia

carpingod150

Now, as it's coming up to winter I've just started more fishing with single hookbaits, ie, hinged stiff rigs and chod rigs, but I was wondering, can you use Amnesia for Chod rigs etc?

I've been using clear 20lb Amnesia, but all the mags seem to suggest using ESP Bristlefilament? I would have thought it was just advertising, but they use Amnesia for the boom section?

If I'm just fishing a Chod then I'll use bristle filament as you can put a nice curve into it so that it increases the hooking potential of the rig. The curve is there so if a fish comes at the pop up from the wrong direction the rig will spin round and in theory hook in the bottom lip.

If you try it in the sink you'll see what i mean.

If i was to fish a Stiff hinge rig then I'd use Amnesia for the boom as it'll kick the rig away from the leader and leave your hook section ( Chod rig ) hopefully untangled and ready to do it's stuff.

If you used Amnesia for the Chod rig i expect you'll still catch fish but IMO the hook up rate of using a curved Bristle filament hook link would be better.