Tanyard fisheries, danehill, Uckfield, east sussex.

if u do a search on here for tanyards i have written loads about it in the past,

5,6,and 7 - lake 5 is a nice lake to fish, best spots are fishing off the little island/point which sticks out into the lake, into the pads there to the right from there is a good spot. favoured spots tho are around the back of the lake, the swim with the pads to the right of it when u look face the lake from the back, and also the swim in the corner with all the snags in, looks a horrible swim to fish and you'd probably have to be pretty tight on your rods but last time i fished there a guy cleaned up in that swim,its just on the left as you walk towards the point.

don't overlook the little weedy lake that's still joined (other side of the point) to the mail lake, don't think its themost prolific part but its where the 30 come's from more than anywhere else.

lake 6- swims to right normally, one's by cattle gate. have not fished this lake but fish come out all over it really. last time i was down there someone had 3 30's in the space of about 5 hours on homemade bolies. (had the same fish twice tho,within about an hour of catching it before!)

lake 3 is a nice lake and u get the cats in there too, popular swims are the roadside ones,with the one down where u park your car/turn around one of the best swims fishing out to the island. also round the back u have option of fishing to pads or fishing to the snags in the corner by the water inlet.cat's are known to hold up round those snags but sod fishing for cats in snags!. lots of people obviously fish off the point too as it has acess to alot of the lake.

one thing about all 3 i would always say is do NOT avoid the margins. i have had almost all my fish from tanyards no more than 15 foot from my rods and no more than a foot or 2 from the bank.fish to reeds fish to pads. try natural baits up there and don't go heaping loads of bait in.

natural bed's (not huge) work quite well. hemp/particles etc. i have never had much luck there with bolies tho i think most of the fish do come out on them. bread if the ducks aren't about,can get quite good results off the surface.

i drew a pic of the lake but only have Powerpoint on here and cant upload it on there (bored at work)- its pretty much the worst picture i have ever drawn tho so maybe its for the best. one other thing i would say is speak to steve the Balif there. really nice bloke will tell u whats come out of what lake lately and where from. the lake's do take it in turn sometimes to go on the feed so go with the advice u get!

reuben.

• 1 year later...

Only just realised how close Tanyard Fisheries is to where I live, so had a quick look over there at the weekend. If anyone can give me some up to date info on the place, baits/rigs etc I'd be grateful, as I think I might be spending quite a bit of time there for a while :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...