What is leadcore?

crayonhussy

As above everyone. I have never used it, only braid and mono. I assume it's a hook link in the same context that braid is a hooklink? I just want to know what makes it different and what it is basically as I have not used it and don't know about it!

I did search this but no other thread actually explained the basics of what it is for someone who hasn't got a clue :D and I did try posting on another thread on leadcore but no reply!

So if anyone could enlighten me it would be appreciated :D cheers!

Havent used it myself either, however peaople uses it on sharp bottoms (shells and sharp rocks for example) and to get the line to follow the botton structure.

However it is pretty important that the rig is made correct, since there is no chance for the carp to get rid of the leadcore if broken loose.

I believe that leadcore is actually a hollow tube of lead that you put your line through. It is used as the other person says against rough bottoms to stop damage to the main line, as well as to hold your line tight to the lake/river bed, thus hopefully not producing line bites from fish around your bait. I stand to be corrected though, havn't used it yet myself.