thai fishing

danneh_fisheh

Alwite guys :)

just wondering if anyones been fishing in Thailand ?? I know its all a bit of a mess over there at the moment but i'm concidering going pretty soon seeing as the fishing hasn't been affected. Just wondering what kind of fish are available and what baits to use, i've got some heavy tackle up for the job of landing a 100lb+ saimese carp ( i hope ) !!!

cheers,

Dan :D

• 2 weeks later...

Had a look a few days ago mate, looks amazin. The only prob is i aint got 2 grand to blow on fishing at the mo so i'm probably gonna do a "DIY" trip. You'll have to let me know how ya get on and what kinda baits to use. Have a mint holiday and hope ya catch a stonker :D good luck mate, tight lines and all the best !

Dan 8)

A guided trip is the best way to go if its your first time in Thailand, as it is a big country, and the widespread uncontrolled use of nets on most of the large lakes can be a headache, as can be the logistics and getting to swims etc without your own transport or boats. But the rewards can be great for those who put in the time and effort.

There is a major chapter on Thailand, plus other info on Siamese carp, Mekong cats, etc, in the Globetrotter's Quest book (visit carp.com shop, or links pages for more details).

Have fun out there, and let me know how you get on. :wink:

Well it looks like i've persuaded me mum & dad that Thailand has more to offer than Spain, so as they are retiring soon they've decided to move out there on a permanent basis :D:P:D so looks like i'll have plenty of time to find a few good swims etc etc. I'll let you know how everything goes and hopefully within the next 6 months have a few piccys to show off.

tight lines to all :D

dan.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
OK no replies.....but have a look heer for future trips

www.siamfishingtours.com

Hi,

I know this thread is getting old....just wondered how you got on in your Thai fishing explorations?

Thanks

Ruf

as its been said this thread is old but a subject close to me ,i have fished all over thailand and can say there is some wicked fishing to be had also fished in cambodia ,not so good,and loas now the fishing was good but northeast thailand is the place you want to look apart from the well known one in bangkok i won't say to much more as it took many years to find out what i know but if any one is going you can send me a pm and i will puy you on the right track

• 9 months later...